Welcome to our International Master's Program in Machine Learning! The University of Tuebingen collaborates closely with the Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems and the Max Planck Institute for Biological Cybernetics and they form together one of leading research hubs for machine learning in Europe and world-wide. This manifests in several recent initiatives:
- the Cyber Valley,
- the Excellence Cluster ``Machine Learning: New Perspectives for Science'',
- the TUE AI Center (BMBF Competence Center for Machine Learning)
- the International Max Planck Research School for Intelligent Systems.
These initatives provide plenty of opportunities for research as well as industry contacts for the students of our master program. Below, you will find all the information you will need.
The next intake will be for the winter semester 2021/2022 with application deadline on 30.4.2021. Go here to check if you are eligible and know more about the application details.
- Good news! Robert C. Williamson will join the University of Tübingen.
- Tentative new course list for the wintersemester 2020/2021 (still subject to updates)
- Help to protect the European Research Council (ERC) from budget cuts which threaten the most prestigious and effective European research program by signing this petition.
- Call for the new ELLIS PhD program
- The application portal for the PhD program of the IMPRS for Intelligent Systems in Tübingen is open.
- Mila Gorecki, student in the master program Machine Learning, won the Women-STEM-award 2020 for her bachelor thesis about fairness in Bayesian logistic regression. Congratulations!
- We welcome Jakob Macke as new professor in Tübingen! Jakob Macke works in probabilistic machine learning with applications in neuroscience and other scientific disciplines.
- 23 papers at ICML and CVPR 2020 from Tübingen (11 ICML, 12 CVPR)
- The new youtube channel ``Tuebingen ML'' features the two ``Foundations of ML'' lectures Statistical Machine Learning (U. von Luxburg) and Probabilistic Machine Learning (P. Hennig)
- Tentative course list for the summer semester 2020
- Tübingen hosts the German Conference on Pattern Recognition (28.9.-1.10.2020)
- Great news! Zeynep Akata and Andreas Geiger were awarded ERC Starting Grants - Congratulations!
- We welcome Zeynep Akata as new professor of computer science! Zeynep Akata works in computer vision and machine learning.
- Information about Tuebingen (housing, language classes etc) for International Students can be found here
- Congratulations to Bernhard Schölkopf for the Körber-Prize 2019!
- 24 papers from Tübingen accepted at NeurIPS 2019
- 11 papers at ICCV 2019 from Tübingen
- New Bosch AI Campus planned for Tübingen
- ICML 2019 Best Paper Award for Researchers from Tübingen
More news can be found here.