The Studium Generale
at the University of Tübingen
... Seeks to confront current issues at the academic and scientific level
... Deals with basic issues of human existence
... Offers interdisciplinary dialogue
Download Programm für das Sommersemester 2023
Please note that the events will be held in German.
For interested persons
- In the Studium Generale, academics at the University of Tübingen offer public lecture series on a voluntary basis and in addition to their diverse duties: Mondays to Thursdays, 6:15 p.m. and 8:15 p.m., in the Kupferbau lecture hall building, Hölderlinstraße 5, 72074 Tübingen.
- The lecture series are free of charge and are open to all interested parties and students of all disciplines. A registration is not required.
- All dates and current changes can be found via the links to ALMA in the top drop-down menu on this website. We will be happy to include your postal address in the distribution list for the printed programme flyer, registration: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The series take place in person. We refer to additional online offerings in the programme for the respective series.
- Students can acquire 1 ECTS point by regularly attending a series or a maximum of 3 ECTS points by attending three lecture series. This is only possible in presence.
Please download the attendance certificate and get a signature from the lecturer for each visit. You can then have the proof stamped by the Transdisciplinary Course Program (TCP). If you have any questions, please contact the TCP registration team at: email@example.com
The opening hours of the TCP registration office can be found at: https://uni-tuebingen.de/de/113615
- Each lecture series has a main responsible person from the university, cooperation with outsiders is possible. In principle, space should also be given to other approaches to the topic, especially in the case of a lecture series by only one person (e.g. in the format of a panel discussion composed of multiple perspectives).
- A lecture series consists of at least twelve events so that students can earn 1 ECTS point for attendance. Possible dates: Mondays to Thursdays, 18:00 -19.45 or 20:00 - 21.45, all events take place in the Kupferbau lecture hall building.
- The series are interdisciplinary or multi-perspective and aimed at a broad audience. Unreflective moral-normative topics are generally excluded; rather, the lecture series represent a critical-reflexive approach to the respective topic.
Ideally, at least two thirds of the speakers should come from the University of Tübingen. It is expected that the scientific concepts presented in the title and frame text are reflected in the individual presentations.
Proposals for topics are approved by the Studium Generale working group: This consists of representatives delegated by the faculties, under the leadership of the Vice-Rector for Students, Studies and Teaching. The AG meets at the beginning and end of each semester.
- Applications should be submitted two semesters before the planned event (short introductory text and roughly the planned topics and speakers). The final concept must be available for the second session in the semester before the event at the latest.
- Programme flyers and posters are produced centrally by the Public Relations Department and made available free of charge.
Please send yout topic proposals to: firstname.lastname@example.org