Students at the University of Tübingen are entitled to a discounted semester ticket for local public transport. The semester ticket is valid on all buses and trains in the NALDO public transport network, which includes the greater districts of Tübingen, Reutlingen, Zollernalbkreis and Sigmaringen. No-one else is allowed to use your semester ticket. If you lose it, you must buy another one.
How to get a semester ticket (naldo):
- Get a valid student-ID
- Follow the steps:
- If you don’t want to buy it online, you can also go to the DB ticket office at:
Europaplatz 17 (Main Station)
You are able to pay in cash or with your bank card. To buy your semester ticket, present your student ID (Chipcard) with valid semester stamp and hand over the "Bescheinigung für das Semesterticket" which you received on ALMA. The ticket is only valid with your signature and in combination with your student ID card.
More sales offices: https://www.naldo.de/tickets-und-preise/tickets-kaufen/verkaufsstellen/#c3337
Valid time range: 1 semester (6 months)
Valid distance range: within the naldo area for bus and train https://www.naldo.de/tickets-und-preise/tarifhinweise/uebergangswaben/
If you have further questions, contact the Verkehrsverbund naldo.
Transport without a semester ticket:
- With a valid student-ID you can drive within the naldo network every day after 7pm and on the weekends or national free days the whole day for free.
- You are not able to buy tickets in the train! Get your ticket at a DB automat, at the ticket office or with the DB app. Be in time to buy your ticket before your train leaves.
- If you want to buy a ticket on the DB app look to it, that the mobile internet connection in Germany is often not that steady.
- Single bus ride within Tübingen costs 2,50€
-> for other price information for “TüBus” https://www.swtue.de/oepnv/tickets.html
- Ticket information for train rides https://www.bahn.de/p/view/angebot/index.shtml
- Download the DB app (train connections within Germany)
- Download the Naldo app (bus & train connections within the Naldo network)
Punishment for driving without a ticket:
- 60€ for driving without a ticket in a bus
- At least 60€ for driving without a ticket in a train, maximum the double amount of the regular ticket price