The Cluster of Excellence "Image-guided and Functionally Instructed Tumor Therapies" (iFIT) is the only oncology cluster of excellence in Germany. Since 2019, internationally renowned scientists and outstanding young researchers have been working together in this consortium in a globally unique collaboration of three different research areas to develop new, individualized cancer therapies.
The researchers want to comprehensively analyze the biological processes in tumors by means of functional genetic testing and identify possible weak points that could represent targets for new drugs. The cluster has identified three key research areas for this purpose:
- Functional target identification and molecular tumor therapies
- Molecular and functional multiparametric imaging
Participants in the iFIT Cluster of Excellence are:
- Department of Internal Medicine VIII (Medical Oncology & Pulmonology)
- Werner Siemens Imaging Center at the University of Tübingen
- Interfaculty Institute for Cell Biology (Department of Immunology)
- Max Planck Institute for Biology
- Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems
- Natural and Medical Sciences Institute at the University of Tübingen (NMI)
- Margarete Fischer Bosch Institute for Clinical Pharmacology
All further information about research, current developments and the team can be found on the iFIT homepage.