Literature search, catalogues
This is a catalogue of several libraries in Tübingen, our holdings included. You can reduce search to only the holdings of the library of Institute of Education.
You can use the online catalogue also within the library, computer terminals are near the entrance.
Options how to search in the online catalogue
- If you are looking for a specific book, you can search for example by author, editor, title, or keywords from the title.
- If you are looking for a topic, search for words as a subject heading or as a key word.
- There may be more books on this theme. Look in our classification system – books on similar topics are placed together.
- Journals can also be found in the online catalogue.
Our books are shelved according to our classification system, thus according to themes.
You find a printout of our classification system next to the card catalogue, near the entrance of the library.
When you have found your topic within the classication system, either look at the books directly on the shelf, or in the classified card catalog (marked with red bars).
- Which journals the library holds, and which volumes of a journal, you can find in the online catalogue.
- The current journal issues are displayed on the journal racks. There, the journals are arranged alphabetically by title.
- The older issues are bound in volumes and are on the shelf under the shelf-marks Z .... The exact shelf-marks can be found in the alphabetical card catalogue.
If you have any questions, please contact: