1st ITG Workshop on IT Security (ITSec)
2./3.4.2020 at the Eberhard Karls Universität Tübingen
Due to the Corona crisis, KuVS FG NetSoft (31.3/1.4.2020) and ITG ITSec (2./3.4.2020) have been converted into online workshops (1.-3.4.2020). Please notice the changed programs!
Call for Presentations
IT systems have become the backbone of the modern society and their security is indispensable. IT security has many facets: user devices, application software, network, storage, hardware, clouds and many more. The field encompasses mechanisms to enforce security and methods to break them. Therefore, IT security is an interdisciplinary topic spanning software, hardware, networks and distributed systems, as well as issues from big data and machine learning.
This workshop intends to bring those fields together to foster interdisciplinary contacts and collaboration. Topics include, but are not limited to:
- Service and Application security
- Operation system security
- Software security
- Cloud security
- Hardware security
- Network security
- Security in industrial automation
- Security for IoT and cyber-physical systems
- Blockchain security and applications
- Security in social networks
- Security in big data
- Security with and security of machine learning
- Security in emerging technologies
- Security in critical infrastructures
- Identity management
- Authentication and privacy
- Vulnerability analysis
- Threats and defenses, attacks and detection
- Malware analysis
- Empirical studies on bots, fake news, etc.
- Teaching activities
- Security standardization
- Projects and events related to security
- Scientific presentation
- Live-hacking demo (extended time limit)
- Mini-tutorial (extended time limit)
- Poster (fast-forward in plenary)
Submission and Publication
Two forms of contributions are possible:
- Title, abstract and reference of previously published work to present and discuss it in the ITG community.
- Title and abstract of original work. Submissions may be up to 2 pages long and should be formatted according to the IEEE conference layout and handed in as PDF document. Accepted manuscripts will be published with a DOI in the workshop proceedings by the Publikationssystem of the Eberhard-Karls-Universität Tübingen. The copyright will remain with the authors.
All contributions should be submitted by email to steffen.lindner indicating presentation and submission format. @uni-tuebingen.de
Submission deadline: 31.1.2020 (extended)
Notification & program online: 18.2.2020
Camera-ready version: 21.2.2020