You can start a Master’s degree in English Literatures and Cultures in either the winter or summer semester.
Application closes on 31st May (all applicants) for the winter semester.
Application closes on 31st March (German and EU applicants) and 15th January (non-EU applicants) for the summer semester.
Applicants must have completed a bachelor’s degree in English or American Studies (or an equivalent bachelor’s degree in a closely related field) with a final grade of 2.5 or better. English language proficiency at level C1 is required (CEFR).
The following documents must be attached to the application for admission:
- certified copy of B.A. diploma (or equivalent university degree) with an average grade of 2.5 or better
- certification of English language proficiency at level C1 (CEFR).
- certified copy of high school diploma (‘Abiturzeugnis’/‘Hochschulzugangsberechtigung’ or equivalent)
- letter of motivation (max. 500 words)
- optionally, additional qualifications and other certificates, e.g. professional experience or other practical experience (internship, traineeship, etc.) in areas relevant to the profile of the programme
International Students should consult the Student Affairs International Office.