Machine Learning in Tübingen
Tübingen is an international hotspot for machine learning research. It terms of academic research the two major players are the University of Tübingen and the Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems.
The University of Tübingen and the Max Planck Institute collaborate in many initiatives, for example:
- Cyber Valley, which brings together international key players from science and industry to concentrate their research activities in the field of Artificial Intelligence. It aims to create a stimulating ecosystem for technology transfer in the field of Artificial Intelligence through a new model of cooperation between science and industry.
- Tübingen AI Center (BMBF Comptence Center for Machine Learning)
- International Max Planck Graduate School for Intelligent Systems
- Collaborative Research Center Robust Vision
- European Lab for Learning and Intelligent Systems (ELLIS)
A number of industry labs are currently being established in Tübingen, for example by Amazon and Bosch.