Welcome at the Department of Social and Cultural Anthropology at the University of Tübingen!
Great that you have chosen our Institute for a study visit, we are looking forward welcoming you here!
Getting started and orientation for international students
What we offer at our Department:
- a vibrant student life at one of Germany's 10 Universities of Excellence located in a pittoresque town
- a Department with a dedicated academic community conducting research on a wide range of topics including gender & sexuality, race & colonialism, ritual & performance, politics & violence, health & medicine, refugees & activism
- a great selection German and English-medium courses including courses on research methods and on the history of anthropology, Media Anthropology, Medical Anthropology and Political Anthropology
- regional expertise on South Asia, Africa and Central Asia
- an engaging environment at 'the Castle' where our Department is located
Check out the ERASMUS+ Academic Calendar for an overview of important dates:
- application deadline for admission and housing
- begin and end of courses
- semester breaks
- dates of the preparatory language courses for Erasmus+ and exchange students
- dates of the orientation programs and introductory courses
- You can find out more about the application and admission process for the University of Tübingen as well as options of accommodation here.
- Information about language courses can be found on this page.
- In the " öffentliche Vorlesungsverzeichnis“ (lecture directory) of the Campus-Portal you can find information on all offered courses.
- Tip: Under "keyword search" you can search for English language courses, using the "language of instruction" or you can see a compilation here.
- News about our Department and events can be found on the Department's website or via the student council.