The following data sets were created and processed and geocoded in the DFG project BA 1503-18-1:
Exploring numeracy trends in Africa and the Middle East, 1700-1970: How large was the colonial impact?
- Various African countries: slave register data of the late 18th and early 19th century
- Algeria, census data of the late 19th century
- Egypt, census data of the mid 19th century
- Ghana, marriage data of the late 19th and early 20th century
- Lesotho; marriage data of the late 19th and early 20th century
- Liberia; this data is proprietary and can be downloaded from the site: www.disc.wisc.edu/archive/liberia/index.html
- Réunion/Mauritius; census data of the late 18th and early 19th century
- Senegal/Gambia/Mali; census data of the 19th century
- Somalia; census data of the mid late 19th century Anthrop.
- South Africa/Lesotho/Botsw.; census data of the mid to late 19th century
- South Africa; marriage data of the 19th century
- Turkey/Syria/Iraq /Pal./Leb.; census data of the mid late 18th and early 19th century
- Uganda/Tanzania; marriage data of the late 19th century
- Zimbabwe; death register data of the late 19th century