The IZEW is involved in various Master’s and Bachelor’s programmes at the University of Tübingen as a partner institution. These address different aspects of application-oriented ethics. The IZEW is involved in various Master’s and Bachelor’s programmes at the University of Tübingen as a partner institution. These address different aspects of application-oriented ethics.
Among these teaching collaborations are
- in the Master of Public Policy and Social Change at the Institute of Political Science, the course Applied Ethics in Public Policy (currently held by Simon Meisch),
- in the Master für Hebammenwissenschaft und Frauengesundheit (Master of Midwifery and Women’s Health) at the Faculty of Medicine, the course Ethik in der Hebammentätigkeit (Ethics in the Science of Midwifery) (currently held by Cordula Brand),
- in the Bachelor of Education NwT – Lehramt Gymnasium the course Nachhaltige Entwicklung verstehen, gestalten und unterrichten (Understanding, Designing and Teaching Sustainable Development) (currently held by Diana Grundmann & Matthias Bornemann),
- in the Master Biomedical Technologies at the Faculty of Medicine, the course Sustainable Development and Technology Assessment (currently held by Mone Spindler),
- at the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences for students of MINT subjects, the course Führungsethik – Kompetenzen für Wissenschaft und berufliche Praxis (Leadership Ethics – Competencies for Science and Professional Practice) (currently held by Cordula Brand & Marcel Vondermaßen).
In addition, individual members of the IZEW team regularly teach in course programmes at the university and beyond, for example,
- at the International Education Week of the Tübingen School of Education, the course Ethical arguments in the debate on sustainable development (held by Uta Müller & Simon Meisch),
- in the Civis BIP (Blended Intensive Programme): The Science, Ethics, and Governance of Human Genome Editing 2023 (in cooperation with the Institute for History and Ethics of Medicine, University of Tübingen, Uta Müller),
- at the Center for Development Research at the University of Bonn, for PhD students from all over the world, the course Ethics in Research (held by Cordula Brand),
- in the Master Schulentwicklung für Lehrkräfte – Internationaler Studiengang im Bodenseeraum (School Development for Teachers – International Course in the Lake Constance Region) (cooperation of PH Weingarten, PH Vorarlberg (A), PH Graubünden (Ch), PH Schaffhausen (Ch), PH St. Gallen (Ch), PH Thurgau (Ch). Module: Educational Management (held by Uta Müller),
- at the Weiterbildung für Lehrerinnen und Lehrer an Maturitätsschulen (Advanced Training for Teachers at Matura schools) at the University of Zurich, the course Fridays for Future, Nachhaltige Entwicklung – und Literaturunterricht? Über die Möglichkeiten literarischer Klimabildung (Fridays for Future, Sustainable Development – and Literature Teaching? On the possibilities of literary climate education) (held by Simon Meisch, together with Stefan Hofer-Krucker Valderrama, University of Zurich, and Samuel Lang, Kantonsschule Enge).