Topics involving taxation and accounting make up large parts of the reporting in the financial press. Taxes are also highly relevant in the political discussion. Our courses enable students to gain the necessary skills and knowledge to pursue impactful careers in the area of taxation. Students who do not seek a career in taxation can also benefit by forming a holistic understanding of the business world.
|Course||Appropriate for||Language||ECTS||Offered in|
|B250 Externes Rechnungswesen||2nd year||German||6||Summer 2023|
|B350 Grundlagen der Besteuerung||2nd year||German||6||Winter 2022/23|
|B351 Steuerliches Rechnungswesen||2nd year||German||6||Winter 2022/23|
B353 International Taxation
(limited to 40 participants, please register via Ilias; no participation limit for exchange students)
|2nd year||English||6||Summer 2023|
|B352 Bachelorarbeit in International Business Taxation||3rd year||German/English||12||Summer 2023, Winter 2022/23|
|B450B Financial & Tax Accounting for Exchange Students||2nd and 3rd year||English||6||Summer 2023, Winter 2022/23|
|Please find the course descriptions in the module guide (Modulhandbuch Bachelorkurse).|
|Course||Appropriate for||Language||ECTS||Offered in|
|B450A Taxes and Business Strategy||1st year||English||9||Summer 2023|
|B451 Unternehmensbesteuerung||1st year||German||6||Winter 2022/23|
|B452 Internationale Unternehmensbesteuerung||1st year||German||6||Summer 2023|
|B455 Steuerrecht: Abgabenordnung, Umsatzsteuer und Gewerbesteuer||2nd year||German||9||Winter 2022/23|
|B457 M&A Tax||1st year||German||6||Summer 2023|
|B550 Masterseminar in International Business Taxation||1st year||German/English||9||Summer 2023, Winter 2022/23|
|B450B Financial & Tax Accounting for Exchange Students||1st year||English||6||Winter 2022/23, Summer 2023|
|Please find the course descriptions in the module guide (Mastermodulhandbuch).|
The homepage of the Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences offers general information concerning the assignment of the Bachelor thesis (Studium - Lehrveranstaltung - Bachelorarbeiten).
Students who received an assignment to our chair by the Examination Office are asked to register via Alma for the course "B352 Bachelorarbeit in International Business Taxation" until 31.03. (Summer Term) or 30.09. (Winter Term). We guarantee the Bachelor thesis supervision for these students in the assigned semester. If you don't register, the acceptance expires automatically.
Students who did not receive an assignment to our chair by the Examination Office can still apply to write the bachelor thesis at our chair by registering via Alma for the course "B352 Bachelorarbeit in International Business Taxation" until 31.03. (Summer Term) or 30.09. (Winter Term).
Please also take note of the Leaflet Guidelines for Writing a Bachelor Thesis, Seminar Paper, or Master Thesis provided by the chair.
The proposed Bachelor thesis topics for the summer term 2023 can be found here.
Registration Master seminar
To participate, please register via Alma for the course "B550 Master Seminar in International Business Taxation" until 31.03 (Summer Term) or 30.09. (Winter Term).
The proposed Master Seminar topics for the summer term 2023 can be found here.
Application Master Thesis
The School of Business and Economics asks every student who plans to start on their master thesis in the next semester to fill out a short survey listing the modules they have already taken, their grades and the work unit (Lehrstuhl) they would like to be supervised by. Students who already have a supervisor are asked to fill out the survey and state in the additional comments that they already have been accepted by a staff member. The link to the survey is provided via mail. The survey is conducted via Ilias.
At the end of the survey, you will be asked to list the work groups you would like to be supervised by, you need to provide 5 different priorities here to make sure your application is valid.
Regardless of the survey by the School of Business and Economics, please feel free to contact our Chair at any time if you are interested in writing your master thesis in the area of taxation.
To write your Master Thesis at the chair
- You have been assigned to our chair for the master thesis (see above).
- Please register at the examination office with this form (Formular). The examination office verifies your admission requirements (regular matriculation, required minimum number of credits). After your admission requirements are verified, you will receive an approval document signed by the head of the examination board. The handling time for the process at the examination office is approximately one or two weeks. After having received the approval document by the examination office, you have one month to start writing your thesis (please pay attention to the dates on the approval document).
- Please contact the chair again once you have received the approval document. Students can make 2-3 proposals for topics and then the exact topic will be determined by the chair. It is not mandatory to make proposals since students can also ask the chair if a suitable topic for their thesis is available. The approval document will be completed at the chair with the topic of the Master Thesis and signed. From this day on, you know your exact topic and you have 18 weeks to complete your Master Thesis. Please note that the starting date has to be within the period that you applied for. If you miss the deadline, the acceptance by the chair expires.
- The chair will send the filled out and signed approval document back to the examination office. They will receive the information and will oversee the deadline
- After finishing your master thesis, please make an appointment to hand it in at the examination office. It is not possible to hand in the master thesis at the examination office without prior consultation.
The requirements of the Examination Office always take precedence. Please check the Leaflet Guidelines for Writing a Bachelor Thesis, Seminar Paper, or Master Thesis provided by the chair.