The Prehistoric Archaeology and Medieval Archaeology have the focus on the human remains of the past. These are made available with archaeological methods for a scientific analysis and interpretation. The timeframe stretches from the human beginnings to the Stone- and Metalages and to the Medieval and Modern Ages. The geographic span encompasses especially the Old World. But it extant to Central Europe, Mediterranean Area, Africa and Asia.
Graduates of these subject have employment opportunities here:
• Archaeological Heritage (Archäologische Denkmalpflege)
• Museums with archaeological collections
• Jobs in teaching and science at Universities
• Extramural Activities in scientific institutions
•Jobs in private excavation firms
Beside these specialists job possibilities are alternatives in the area of cultural work:
• Cultural Management
• Cultural Mediation and Medias
Structure of Study
There are 3 stages:
• Bachelor (B.A.) „Ur- und Frühgeschichtliche Archäologie und Archäologie des Mittelalters“
Current Lectures: here
Find more Information about studying in Tübingen on the page of the department for Early Prehistory and Quaternary Ecology here!