- Students who want to write their Master Thesis at the chair have to register on ILIAS in the folder „Masterarbeit in International Business Taxation …“. Once you are registered you will automatically receive a mail as soon as the folder "Registration Masterarbeit in International Business Taxation …" is available on ILIAS. You will find the password to register in the folder „Masterarbeit in International Business Taxation …“.
Vacancies are limited. If we receive too many applications we will ask you for more documents as soon as the deadline has expired. The remaining places will be distributed based on your merits. Preferred topics can be indicated (no must). If there are any vacancies left after the procedure, you can arrange individually with the chair when to start your thesis.
Closing date / Date of selection: April 1, Beginning: May 28 - November 26
Closing date / Date of selection: October 1, Beginning: November 27 - May 27
The number of acceptances depends on the vacanies of the chair as well as on the vacancies of the department.
- The next step is to register at the Examination Office with this form Formular. The Examinations Office verifies your admission requirements (regular matriculation, required minimum number of credits). After your admission requirements are verified, you will receive an approval document signed by the head of the examination board. The handling time for the process at the Examinations Office is approximately one or two weeks. After having received the approval document by the Examinations Office, you have one month to start writing your thesis (please pay attention to the dates on the approval document).
- Please contact the chair again once you have received the approval document. Students can make 2-3 proposals for topics and then the exact topic will be determined by the chair. It is not mandatory to make proposals since students can also ask the chair if a suitable topic for their thesis is available. The approval document will be completed at the chair with the topic of the Master Thesis and signed. From this day on, you know your exact topic and you have 18 weeks to complete your Master Thesis. Please note that the starting date has to be within the period that you applied for. If you miss the deadline, the acceptance by the chair expires.
- The chair will send the filled out and signed approval document back to the Examinations Office. They will receive the information and will oversee the deadline.
- Please note that requirements by the Examinations Office always take precedence.
Please check the Leaflet 'Guidelines for Writing a Bachelor Thesis, Seminar Paper, or Master Thesis provided by the chair.
Additional information: In case of free capacities it is possible to start your Master Thesis outside the official application period (without guarantee).
Valid from summer term 2018
Upper limit for this course is 12 participants. To participate you should register at ILIAS "Registration B550 Masterseminar in International Business Taxation Summer Term XXXX" until 31st March.