In connection with the containment of the corona spread, the university has taken various measures in accordance with the requirements of the state government. These are subject to regular adjustments. We endeavor to publish the current measures that relate to the area of study and teaching.
In principle, all regular courses at the University of Tübingen are suspended until April 19, but courses in online formats can also start from April 14.
The department strives to have a large part of the courses in the form of online courses, some events have to be postponed and a few will be canceled. We endeavor to be able to reliably communicate promptly for all courses whether and, if so, how they are offered. As soon as the relevant information for an event is available, we will inform about it in the course catalog Alma, if necessary by a link to the website of the event.
If a registration in URM or Ilias or Moodle has been created for an course that you would like to attend, I recommend that you register there as soon as possible. This enables us to actively inform you about changes if necessary.
The department is planning a special mentoring program for first-year students in the bachelor's degree programmes by students of higher semesters (from the 4th semester). If you have any questions or want to help, please contact Sophia Jahns.
- All written and oral exams are suspended until April 19.
- In very few individual cases, examiners may switch to alternative forms of examination that do not require direct personal contact, insofar as this is justified and can be implemented in terms of examination technology. In this case, the students concerned will be informed directly by the examiner.
- We aim to set new appointments for the canceled exams and oral exams as soon as the restrictive measures have ended. As things stand at the moment, this could be possible from the beginning of May, but may also shift further depending on the situation. In any case, you will be informed about the new dates in due time.
- If the postponement of exams for individual students leads to a deadline for the completion of an examination, the student is not responsible for this and the deadline is extended. If there are other special hardships (e.g. due to a change of university, stays abroad, etc.), the students concerned should contact the examiner or the chair of the examination board. We are trying to find a solution.
- In order to be able to take exams in the summer semester 2020, enrollment in the summer semester is mandatory. Please do not miss the registration for the summer semester.
- If, due to the postponement of exams, enrollment is required in the summer semester 2020, which would otherwise not have been necessary, the usual enrollment and tuition fees must be paid for the enrollment.
- If the enrollment does not have to be too long, a refund of part of the fees is possible under certain circumstances. The Student Administration can provide further information.
Further information can be found on the web pages of the university concerning the corona crisis.
The department offers purely scientific study programs as well as study programs leading to an educational degree. All study programs lead to Bachelor and Master degrees. In our study programs students get a solid foundation in the basic areas of mathematics and have the opportunity to choose from the wide range of specialisations offered at our department in teaching as well as in science:
Since the summer semester 2017, it is possible to start our study programmes Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Education in the summer semester. We offer all compulsory courses (Analysis 1, Linear Algebra 1) of the first semester in the summer semester and all compulsory courses (Analysis 2, Linear Algebra 2) of the second semester in the winter semester. From the third semester onwards, the courses are modularised in such a way that it is irrelevant whether the course was started in the winter or summer semester. When you start your studies in the summer semester, you can be sure that the studies can be carried out without delay. If you have any questions about starting your studies in the summer semester, please contact the Dean of Study Affairs or the Counceling office of the department of mathematics.