The Student Administration is responsible for processing your application and matriculation. On their pages you can find important instructions and information that should be read.
Your studies at the University of Tübingen begin with your matriculation (enrolment). This means that you enrol in your chosen subjects and thus occupy a study place in the respective subject. Enrolment in the teacher education program is only possible with two general education subjects. What many do not know: if your chosen subject(s) has/have open admission, you can enrol directly and do not have to apply in advance. Further information about the matriculation process can be found in the box below.
Attention: if you want to study a subject with restricted admission, you have to apply for a study place in the subject before enrolling.
If one of your subjects has/both of your subjects have restricted admission, you have to apply for a study place in the subject before you can enrol. Enrolment only possible once you have been admitted and thus received a study place. This also applies when only one of your subjects has restricted admission. Matriculation in a teacher education program is only possible when you have been admitted to the subject that has restricted admission. Further information about the application process can be found in the box below.
Attention: With the receipt of your admission letter you have not yet occupied a study place! You still have to actively claim the place granted to you by enrolling. If you do not enrol within the specified period after admission, you forfeit your right to the study place.
Winter semester: 01.06. – 15.07.
Summer semester: 01.12. – 15.01.
- non-notarized copy of high school diploma
- possibly documents for the selection procedure (Recognition of Relevant Achievements)
- Registration in the online portal alma.
Note: Remember access data!
- Documents (diploma, certificates for recognition of relevant achievements) are uploaded in the portal, do not yet have to be submitted in paper form for the application.
- After going through the online procedure, print and sign the resulting application for admission (pdf file).
- Send to the Student Administration by post.
Note: the application is considered submitted only after receipt of the complete application documents. The application address is noted on the application for admission.
- About 2-4 weeks after the application deadline, you will be receive your admission or rejection notice. Notices are only made available online.
Note: regularly check entries in the application portal!
- In case of admission: the application status in the online portal is changed to “admitted” – activation of access to online enrolment.
Note: a tight deadline is stated on the admission notice before which the enrolment muss take place – or else the study place is forfeited!
subjects with free admission: summer semester until 31st March/winter semester until 30th September
subjects with restricted admission: according to deadline on admission notice
Requirements for Enrolment
Enrolment in the Bachelor of Education: Teacher Orientation Test
- Written confirmation that you have carried out the teacher orientation test i.e. the TüMAS online self-assessment
- in the case of subjects with restricted admission or for enrolment in the Master of Education: admission notice
- Additionally, you must have a number of other documents in paper form ready for enrolment. You can find an overview of these here.
- Registration/log into the online portal “alma” > “Online Enrolment“
- After going through the online procedure, print and sign the resulting application for enrolment (pdf file)
- Together with the aforementioned documents, send the application for enrolment to the Student Administration by mail, hand it in directly or throw it into the house mailbox.
Note: it is possible to authorize a third person to enroll by proxy. You can find a template for the letter of attorney here. Your proxy must bring all the documents to the Student Administration in person, as well as the signed letter of attorney and
To help you begin your studies and orient yourself more easily, the University of Tübingen has provided a detailed guide to beginning your studies. Here you can find not only an extensive collection of videos, in which you will receive, among other things, instructions for creating a timetable, but also important information on preliminary courses and orientation events.
While there is currently no limit on admission for the Master of Education in Tübingen, you have to apply for the M. Ed. first before enrolling or switching programs. However, the application cannot be carried out with your already existing student account in alma. You must create a new account with a private email address for this purpose. More information on the application process can be found here.
According to § 4 ZIO, the prerequisite for enrolment in or transfer to the Master of Education is proof of participation in the online self-assessment procedure TüSE - Check your Choice. It is mandatory that you enclose this proof with your application for enrolment or transfer. You can find out more about TüSE – Check your Choice and the associated TüMAS project here.
As soon as you have received an admission notice after your application, you can enrol in or transfer to the Master of Education. If you have not yet studied at the University of Tübingen, you must submit an application for matriculation (= new enrolment at the University of Tübingen). You can find out more about the matriculation process here.
If you are already studying at the University of Tübingen, you do not have to re-enrol. Simply submit an application for a transfer to a master's program after you have been admitted. You can find out more about the process of switching programs here.
Fixed deadlines apply for the transition to the Master of Education. It has also been clearly laid down how to handle outstanding credit points from the Bachelor of Education. We have made this information available in info sheet 2: Deadlines for the Transition from the Bachelor of Education to the Master of Education. You can find this info sheet here.
Information on the school internship semester can be found here.