eduroam (education roaming) provides a secure worldwide Wi-Fi network access to members of universities and research institutions. At all eduroam facilities, users can get Wi-Fi access with the login of their home organization. The services associated with an eduroam network access differ depending on the policy of the host institution.
The procedure by which the access authorization is checked at eduroam, is safe when correctly configured and executet and protects the participants personal login data from beeing spied on by third parties.
The University of Tübingen is represented on the website of the eduroam Configuration Assistant Tools (CAT). There you will find automatically generated eduroam installation and configuration files for many of the common systems. The files are automatically generated on the basis of the stored eduroam WLAN radius parameters of the University of Tübingen without any further influence by the ZDV. The ZDV has no influence on the function of the scripts / configurations or on the selection of the supported end systems.
Instructions for the configuration of Windows, Android, macOS, iPadOS and iOS can be found in the ZDV Wiki.
In the Windows version of CAT, the domain is added automatically. In all other CAT versions, <YourLoginID>@uni-tuebingen.de should be entered as the user name.
Alternatively, you can still configure eduroam manually.
Install and configure eduroam Wi-Fi access only at your home organization. For the members of the University of Tübingen: set up your devices only in rooms of the University of Tübingen for the first eduroam use. Afterwards you can use eduroam worldwide.
Be sure to follow the instructions of the device or operating system to install certificates for the Wi-Fi authentication process.
|Network name (SSID)||eduroam|
Root CA certificate
|AAA Certificate Services|
|Username||<ZDV login ID>@uni-tuebingen.de|
|Password||Password of ZDV login ID|
There are three ways for guests to access the WiFi. If you come from another university or research institution, you can use eduroam as described above.
Everyone else can choose between full access, for which you need an account, and limited access, which can be used immediately.
Unrestricted access, guest account required.
Employees of the University of Tübingen can independently set up a short-term account for their day guests: WLAN for guests
Network name (SSID)
Restricted access (download 5 MBit, upload 1 MBit, port filter, youth protection filter), no account required.
Network name (SSID)
- Be sure to set up eduroam as described above as long as you are still on the premises of the University of Tübingen.
- Use the page https://www.eduroam.org to determine if the facility you are visiting supports eduroam. There you can find an interactive map of the facilities.
- There are no further steps required to use eduroam, when you are at the host facility.
- In case of problems, please contact the ZDV hotline. Provide the name of the host facility and your ZDV login ID, as well as the date and time when you tried to log in.
- Use the SSID "eduroam", when connecting to Wi-Fi.
- Use your home facilities login ID and password in form of <home login ID>@<home facility.country>.
- I case of problems, contact the support of your home facility.