Various conference services are available to employees of the University of Tübingen. These services were temporarily significantly expanded to provide support during the special situation in the corona pandemic.
- You can use DFNconf to independently conduct video conferencing anytime, anywhere. DFNconf is available for video conferences up to 23 participants and is offered permanently. Due to the continued very strong demand, there are some restrictions on this service.
- Microsoft Teams: Within the Microsoft 365 offer (previously Office 365) you will find teams: You can create your own teams, invite participants, hold video conferences, edit documents from Microsoft 365, chat and much more. This service is permanently available.
- Jitsi: A simple VC solution that is operated entirely in the internal network (can be reached via VPN if necessary); this is particularly preferable if a small number of participants want to use a video conference from their workplace at the university.
- BigBlueButton: The ZDV will also offer BigBlueButton for the winter semester 2020/21. Here the operation takes place via its own server, all data is only at the university. This service is also integrated directly into the Ilias and Moodle learning platforms.
- Zoom: The previous Zoom license agreement was extended for the 2020/21 winter semester. The new licenses are now technically available. It is then also possible to assign a Zoom license to all students. The allocation of licenses for employees takes place via reports from the dean's offices. For urgent inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. With the university Zoom licenses (EDU) video conferences with up to 300 participants and of any length can be carried out. Special licenses for up to 500 participants are available for larger events.
Please also not the information on data protection for the use of video conferencing in teaching.
In addition, the ZDV's previous portfolio is available for smaller groups of participants: