UPLC – QTOF - MS
Acquity UPLC / Synapt G2 HDMS (Waters)
Ultra Performance Liquid Chromatography coupled to Time-of-Flight mass spectrometry
- Electrospray (ESI) / MALDI / APCI ionization
- Fragmentation cell for MS/MS experiments
- Integrated ion mobility cell
Mainly used for non targeted metabolite profiling, structural assignments and peptide/protein work.
GC – MS
Shimadzu GC/MS TQ 8040
Gas chromatography coupled to a tripple quadrupole mass spectrometer
- Electron impact (EI) ionization
Mainly used for targeted plant hormone and carbohydrate analyses, as well as non-trageted metabolite profiling.
LC - QTRAP – MS microLC / QTRAP 6500+ (ABI Sciex)
QTRAP mass spectrometer coupled to micro liquid chromatography
- Electrospray (ESI) ionization
Mainly used for quantification of dedicated analytes, e.g. amino acids, organic acids, polyamines, glucosinulates and plant hormones.