Program for the Promotion of Junior Researchers
Funds are available for research projects carried out at the University of Tübingen as part of the Promotion of Junior Researchers Program.
Promotion of Junior Researchers
What are the funds available for?
Start-up financing of innovative projects with good prospects of attaining external third-party funding, particularly those which involve assisting qualified junior researchers to start up independent research projects. This program is aimed at the development of a bigger third-party funding application. It cannot be used as bridging finance to extend the applicant’s job.
What can I apply for?
- Direct project funding
- Investment funding
- Funding for assistants
- The financing of a part-time (50%) E 13 position (only in special cases, please specify)
Total funding per application: max. €35,000
Moreover, the two best-qualified applicants have the opportunity to expand their innovative projects within the RISC program and raise additional funding (see attached info sheet about this program).
up to 18 months
Who can apply?
Junior researchers with a doctorate at the University of Tübingen,
- who are not members of the Faculty of Medicine*,
- who are employed at the University of Tübingen at least until the end of the funded project,
- whose PhD was not attained more than five years ago.
- Junior researchers who have already received funding under this program can only apply for a second lot of funding if they can show that their first successful application has led to a project fully supported by third-party funding.
*The Medical Faculty operates its own Promotion program