All PhD students of the University of Tübingen who are members or relatives of the University of Tübingen are eligible to apply (see §§ 7 and 8 Grundordnung).
- Funding is provided for events that address scientific topics of interdisciplinary relevance.
- In view of the international orientation of the event and the desired participation of international guest speakers, it should be conducted in English.
- In principle, the planned event should be open to all members and staff of the University of Tübingen. In individual cases, the number of participants may be limited.
- The workshops may not be applied for to finance existing events or series of events.
In order to organize the workshop, funding may be requested as follows:
- Student and scientific assistants (please take employer's contribution into account)
- Accommodation for up to 10 external, actively contributing doctoral students (in justified cases also for up to 4 postdocs); max. 84,40 € per night incl. breakfast
- guest speakers
- Travel expenses (flight - economy class, train - 2nd class)
- Accommodation (max. 84,40 € per night incl. breakfast)
- Coffee breaks: 4,00 € per person/break
- Lunch snacks: 8,00 € per person/break
- once per event
- max. 40,00 € per person
- only for active contributors named in the program (speakers, moderators, organizers)
- for online and hybrid events
- technical equipment and support
- professional recording, live streaming and archiving
The event is to be held within one year of submission of the application.
15.03. / 15.09. every year
The applications will be evaluated by the University’s Research Commission.
Applications can be submitted via the online application portal
- Detailed information on how to apply can be found in the internal area (registration with university login).
- Please submit the form Declaration & Fact Sheet (signed by the head of your institute and your dean) together with the application. You can download the form in the internal area of the Excellence Strategy.
max. 5 pages