Doctoral students at the University of Tübingen (members of the University) are eligible to apply.
- Events eligible for funding include those promoting the academic competence of junior researchers as well as those addressing interdisciplinary themes. Preference will be given to events which are likely to attract a broad international audience consisting of doctoral students and junior researchers including those from other universities and research institutions.
- Given the courses’ international orientation and our aim of attracting international guest lecturers, it is envisaged that the courses will be held in English.
- The events should in principle be open to all members of the University of Tübingen.
- However, the number of participants can be limited and a registration may be mandatory.
- The events may not replace existing courses or lecture series.
For the realization of each event funding for travel costs/accommodation of the guests, catering and funds for student/academic assistants can be applied for as follows:
- Accommodation for up to 10 external, actively contributing doctoral students (in justified cases also for up to 4 postdocs)
- Student and academci assistants (please consider employer's contribution) guest speakers
- Guest speakers
- travel expenses
- Coffee breaks: € 4,00 (per person/break)
- Lunch breaks: € 8,00 (per person/break)
- once per event
- max. € 35,00/person
- only for active contributors named in the program (speakers, moderators, organizers)
The event should take place within a year after the application.
15.10. / 15.04. every year
The applications will be evaluated by the University’s Research Commission.
Applications can be submitted via the online application portal
- Detailed information on how to apply can be found in the internal area (registration with university login).
- Please submit the form Declaration & Fact Sheet (signed by the head of your institute and your dean) together with the application. You can download the form in the internal area of the Excellence Initiative.
max. 5 pages