Workshops for PhD students
In addition to the offers of the Graduate Academy, the funding program primarily serves the qualification of PhD students. The aim of the workshops is to expand the interdisciplinary and international networking of young academics in addition to their scientific and methodological skills.
All PhD students of the University of Tübingen who are members or relatives of the University of Tübingen are eligible to apply (see §§ 7 and 8 Grundordnung).
- Funding is provided for 2 to 4 days events that address scientific topics of interdisciplinary relevance.
- In view of the international orientation of the event and the desired participation of international guest speakers, it should be conducted in English.
- In principle, the planned event should be open to all members of the University of Tübingen. In justified individual cases, the number of participants may be limited.
- The workshops may not be applied for to finance existing events or series of events.
For the implementation of the workshop, funding up to a maximum of 5,000 € can be applied as follows:
- student assistants for support during the event days (please take employer's contribution into account)
- accommodation (max. 95 € per night incl. breakfast) for up to 10 external, actively contributing PhD students
- travel expenses (flight - economy class, train - 2nd class) and accommodation (max. 95 € per night incl. breakfast) for 1 to 2 guest speakers
- coffee breaks
- lunch snacks
- once per event
- max. 40,00 € per person
- only for active contributors named in the program (speakers, moderators, organizers)
- for online and hybrid events
- technical equipment and support
- professional recording, live streaming and archiving
The event is to be held within one year of submission of the application.
15.03. / 15.09. every year
The applications will be evaluated by the University’s Research Commission.
Applications can be submitted via the online application portal
- Detailed information on how to apply can be found in the internal area (registration with university login).
- Please submit the form Declaration & Fact Sheet (signed by the head of your institute and your dean) together with the application. You can download the form in the internal area of the Excellence Strategy.
max. 5 pages