All PhD students of the University of Tübingen who are members or relatives of the University of Tübingen are eligible to apply (see §§ 7 and 8 Grundordnung).
- Funding is provided for events that address scientific topics of interdisciplinary relevance.
- In view of the international orientation of the event and the desired participation of international guest speakers, it should be conducted in English.
- In principle, the planned event should be open to all members and staff of the University of Tübingen. In individual cases, the number of participants may be limited.
- The workshops may not be applied for to finance existing events or series of events.
In order to organize the workshop, travel expenses, accommodation for guests, hospitality and auxiliary staff may be requested as follows:
- Accommodation for up to 10 external, actively contributing doctoral students (in justified cases also for up to 4 postdocs); (max. 84,40 € per night incl. breakfast)
- Student and scientific assistants (please take employer's contribution into account)
- guest speakers
- Travel expenses (flight - economy class, train - 2nd class)
- Accommodation (max. 84,40 € per night incl. breakfast)
- Coffee breaks: 4,00 € per person/break
- Lunch snacks: 8,00 € per person/break
- once per event
- max. 40,00 € per person
- only for active contributors named in the program (speakers, moderators, organizers)
Should an online or hybrid meeting be necessary due to the pandemic, additional funding for the corresponding technical equipment is possible.
The event is to be held within one year of submission of the application.
15.03. / 15.09. every year
The applications will be evaluated by the University’s Research Commission.
Applications can be submitted via the online application portal
- Detailed information on how to apply can be found in the internal area (registration with university login).
- Please submit the form Declaration & Fact Sheet (signed by the head of your institute and your dean) together with the application. You can download the form in the internal area of the Excellence Strategy.
max. 5 pages