On 24 October 2018 the President of Dōshisha University, Professor Takashi Matsuoka, and the President of the University of Tübingen, Professor Bernd Engler, signed a Faculty Exchange Agreement between Doshisha University in Kyoto and the University of Tübingen. The Agreement comprises long-term and short-term research stays on both sides.
Dōshisha University plans to offer short-term stays with a duration of up to 3 months and long-term stays of up to 12 months. The University of Tübingen plans to offer short-term stays with a duration of up to 3 months and long-term stays of up to 6 months. Long-term stays of researchers from the University of Tübingen should take place during their sabbatical. Candidates should ensure that cover for their teaching load has been arranged for their period of absence.
The host University will cover the accommodation costs for researchers in their respective cities, the sending University will cover the international flight- and transfer costs. Costs per diem for short term stays will be reimbursed. Each university will offer funding for one long and one short-term stay per year. In the case of long-term stays in Tübingen, two stays of up to six months will be offered.
Applications for the Faculty Exchange Program with Dōshisha University are accepted from now on. Candidates for 2020 have already been selected. For research stays in 2021, the deadline is 15 October 2020.
- Name of applicant with Institute/Faculty of the University of Tübingen
- CV with publication list
- Active collaboration with Dōshisha University – name of cooperation partner/s and Institute/Center at Dōshisha
- Research Plan: research area, joint research project or project planning (2-3 pages)
- Guarantee of compensation of teaching load in Tübingen during the time of absence (confirmation by the Dean)
- Postdoctoral candidates need a support letter by the head of her/his Institute or Department