Scientists (women, trans*, inter* as well as non-binary persons) of the University of Tübingen in the postdoc/habilitation phase or on a junior professorship.
Not eligible to apply: Members of the medical faculty with clinical/medical orientation (Dr. med.)
- Total amount of funding: EUR 5000/year
- Funding of scientific work/research: Material expenses, travel costs and student assis-tants. Researchers with family responsibilities have the possibility use funds provided for student assistants instead for additional childcare.
- Career planning: individual, professional and strategic career planning are comple-mented by further training to boost overarching professional skills.
- Workshops/Network: The workshops are aimed at networking and the exchange of experiences among the scientists, the acquisition of interdisciplinary competences as well as the evaluation and further planning of the offer within the framework of the Athene Grant. Participation in the four networking events is required.
September 17, 2023
Please submit the relevant documents listed below compiled in one PDF document via the online application portal:
Online Application Portal
- Letter of application*
- Curriculum vitae in tabular form with list of publications, copy of doctoral degree certificate*
- Description of the research/qualification project, specifying academic objectives, status of the preliminary work/positioning in the state of the art of research; professional and institutional integration of the applicant (e.g. position, fellowship, research cooperations), objectives and work program for the funding period (5-10 pages in total)
- Expert opinion of a professor (scientific supervisor) regarding the person, the academic project, the prospects of success in an academic career, and the timetable for the planned qualification
- Institute-related qualification concept (to be signed by the institute management) with the following contents:
- Written confirmation from the institute that it will support the applicant on the qualification path
- Organizational location of the position/applicant
- Infrastructure and basic equipment available to the applicant
- applicant’s fields of activity in teaching and research
- Supervision by faculty/institute (e.g. via mentoring, status talks)
* Diversity aspects in the sense of difficult framework conditions of the scientific career due to care tasks, ethnic or social origin, gender identity, chronic illness, disability or other aspects will be taken into account in the application assessment. If you would like such conditions to be considered, please mention them in your curriculum vitae or in your letter of application.
After registering at the Online Application Portal the application has to be submitted in two steps:
- Filling in the personal data record sheet
- Upload project description with attachments as one additional PDF document
- Statements on the planned use of the funds are not yet required at the time of application
The application can be written in German or English.