Professor of Sociology with focus on Migration and Diversity
Lecture period: Tue 10:30-12:00 Uhr (R 113)
Registration via Doodle
If it is foreseeable that you will need a longer consultation, you can also take two time slots.
Please make sure that I have your email address so that I can contact you in the event of a short-term postponement.
since September 2017
Professor for Sociology at the University of Tübingen
Successful interim evaluation as junior professor at the University of Tübingen
April 2012 – Sept. 2017
Junior professor at the University of Tübingen
May 2008 – March 2012
Staff member at the Max Planck Institute in Göttingen
First as a scholarship holder, then as a research assistant
Doctorate (summa cum laude)
at the Martin-Luther-University in Halle-Wittenberg
PhD student at the Max Planck Institute Halle for Ethnological Research
at the University of Bielefeld (Focus: Social Anthropology)
- In the framework of the SFB 923 "Threatened Orders" he works together with Manuel Dieterich and Damian Martinez in the subproject: "Threat and Diversity in the Urban Context. Ethnically Heterogeneous and Unequal Neighbourhoods in the Global South"
- Until July 2019, he worked on a research project on "Threat and Diversity in the Urban Context" within the SFB 923 "Threatened Orders" together with Damian Omar Martinez und Moritz Fischer. Within this context, the impact of threat discourses on unequal and heterogeneous neighbourhoods in Frankfurt and Murcia was investigated.
- From October 2016 to October 2018 he has been leading the project on the situation in and around refugee shelters in Baden-Württemberg together with Elif Alp-Marent.
Language of instruction in all courses is German.
- Introduction to ethnic studies (seminar - module Applied Sociology)
- Sociology in films (seminar - module Applied Sociology)
- Colloquium (BA major / MA)
Erstausgabe 2011, reprint 2013
2. Auflage Oktober 2015