This year the Computer Games & Visual Effects course will be about designing and implementing your own game. There are no restrictions in what type of game to create. However, in the spirit of game jams the main gameplay mechanic must follow a given theme announced in the first meeting.
There are two modes you can chose from when participating in this course:
- Computer Spiele & Visual Effects 1, 6 ECTs: You only have until end of February to finish the game and present it to the group. Due to the restricted time you will only develop a working prototype of your game.
- Computer Spiele & Visual Effects 1 & 2, 12 ECTs: You have until April to finish the game and present it to the group. The result must be presented in front of the group and in a webpage (similar to a steam page). We expect a playable game with one or more full levels implemented.
We allow groups with 5 up to 8 students. However, we also scale the expectations with the size of the groups.
In the early phase you have to write down and present the concept of your game, which you then will have to implement. There are no limitations on what tools, (programming) languages and engines you might use.
Time: Tuesdays at 4:15 - 6:00 pm
The course will be held mostly on site. The first meeting, however, is online. The Zoom links and credentials for the joint meetings are published on our Ilias page.
Most of the meetings during the course will happen on a per-group basis. These meetings will take place on Tuesdays at the TTR-2 building (MvL6, Maria-von-Linden-Str. 6) on the third-floor, seminar room (glass room).
- Your English fluency is adequate for scientific reports & communication
To participate in the practical course you have to
- Enroll on our Ilias page.
- Be there at the first meeting (via zoom) Tuesday 17.10.2021 at 4:15 - 6:00 pm. You can find the Zoom-Link for this meeting on Illias.