In the Manuscript Reading Room, there are 6 work spaces available for the use of pre-ordered special materials without advanced registration:
- Manuscripts and bequests
- Old and valuable prints (place of issue "Handschriftenlesesaal" )
- Archival documents from the University Archive
- Interlibrary loans with special requirements of the lending library
Guests without a library user card are kindly asked to contact the departments with their order requests before their arrival: Manuscripts/old prints (Handschriften/Historische Drucke) or the University Archive (Universitätsarchiv).
- At the counter of the Manuscript Reading Room you have to prove your 3G status.
- Occupy a locker:
A maximum of 6 people are admitted. Therefore, 6 lockers are available in front of the Manuscript Reading Room. Even if you do not have anything with you to lock up, please occupy a locker. Conversely, this means that if there is no locker available, all 6 places in the Manuscript Reading Room are occupied. Please come back at a later time. Registration or seat reservation is not possible.
- A medical or FFP2 mask must be worn at all times when entering the library and in the Manuscript Reading Room. Please keep a distance of 1.50 m from other people at all times.
- Access to the Manuscript Reading Room is only possible via the Bonatzbau entrance. There is no passage to the main building.
- Lockers are available for users of the manuscript reading room. Please lock up jackets and the like such as bags, drinks and food.
- In consideration of quiet work, the use of mobile phones and group work is not permitted in the manuscript reading room.
- For further instructions on how to use it, please visit the Historical Collections page.