Within Catalog plus Books & more you can find almost all media that the University Library has in its stock. Select the media to determine the location and the Signature (= book number) of the desired work under Availability.
Under the tab Articles & more you will get electronic articles and essays related to your search terms.
In addition, there are other special catalogues.
You can check out books yourself using our self-checkout stations in the Lending Center (Ausleihzentrum). Just follow the steps on the screen. You just need your library card. For returning the items, you take them to the return station (Rückgabe) in the Lending Center. You don't need your library card for this. Just follow the steps on the screen. You can also drop off media in the return box near the main entrance.
If you have an further questions ask a staff member in the Lending Center.
The loan period for books is 28 days (for reading room loans and periodicals 14 days). The loan period can be extended via the catalog (section "My account").
You log in to the catalog plus with your ID number without dots, but with the 0 at the end, and enter your password.
Extensions of the loan period can be made as often as desired, up to a maximum period of 4 x 28 days. Extensions are not possible if someone else needs the book and has entered a reservation via the catalog.
You can see the end of the loan period and any reservations entered in Catalog plus - My account.
The library branches auf der Morgenstelle provide literature for the natural sciences.
Campus Morgenstelle has the following libraries:
- Branch Library Natural Sciences (Bereichsbibliothek Naturwissenschaften)
- PCB-Bib (Chemistry, Pharmacology, Biology, Biochemistry)
A short overview of media locations in the University Library:
- Open stacks: in the Ammerbau. Books are shelved in numerical order according to the book’s shelf mark (call number). Items in this area can be taken from the shelves and checked out using the self-checkout stations next to Desk (Ausleihzentrum).
- Closed stacks: items marked in the library catalogue with the location “stacks” must be ordered, as they are stored in a closed off area. The items you order can be picked up the next day from self-service collection shelves in the area adjacent to the Lending Center Desk and checked out. Some items may have lending restrictions and may only be used within the Ammerbau or the Manuscript Reading Room (Handschriftenlesesaal).
- Textbook collection (Lehrbuchsammlung):
You can find important textbooks from each field of study at the university in the area adjacent to and in the gallery above the Lending Center Desk. They are shelved according to their subject area and call number and can be taken home.
- Non-circulating collections: in the Ammerbau on floor 3. Important reference books, specialized bibliographies and text books which are shelved according to subject area. You can only work with these items inside the library.
- Manuscript Reading Room (Handschriftenlesessaal in the Bonatzbau):
These items cannot be borrowed. Copying is usually permitted.
There are individual working spaces as well as group working spaces in all buildings. Due to current clearance and hygiene regulations, the following work areas are currently not available: group workrooms in the Ammerbau, work spaces between Main Building and Bonatzbau.
Please pay attention to the general distance and hygiene rules as well as the barriers we have put in place to ensure spacing in the areas of use.
Vacant work spaces can be best found through our Seatfinder.
You can store your valuables in our lockers (daily and permanent lockers) on the ground floor of the Main Building.
You can use the green marked internet workstations in the main building and in the Ammerbau to academic research on the internet and in databases as well as to access our licensed e-media for a limited time every day.
There are numerous network printers in the University Library that can also be used as copiers or scanners. There are both color and black-and-white multifunction devices in the main building (Hauptgebäude), in Ammerbau and in Waschhalle.