In the Manuscript Reading Room, there are 16 work spaces available for the use of pre-ordered special materials without advanced registration:
- Manuscripts and bequests
- Old and valuable prints (place of issue "Handschriftenlesesaal" )
- Archival documents from the University Archive
- Interlibrary loans with special requirements of the lending library
Guests without a library user card are kindly asked to contact the departments with their order requests before their arrival: Manuscripts/old prints (Handschriften/Historische Drucke) or the University Archive (Universitätsarchiv).
- Lockers are available for users of the manuscript reading room. Please lock up jackets and the like such as bags, drinks and food.
- In consideration of quiet work, the use of mobile phones and group work is not permitted in the manuscript reading room.
- For further instructions on how to use it, please visit the Historical Collections page.