An interlibrary loan allows you to access items not held in the collections available at one of the libraries in Tuebingen. We can order items from other German libraries or if necessary even from abroad (special conditions apply).
Inter-library loan regulations are based on the "Rules for inter-library loans" (Leihverkehrsordnung, German).
Excluded from inter-library loans are:
- books and journals that are available at libraries in Tuebingen (even if they are on loan or part of a reference/non-lending collection).
- titles you can buy for the price of Euro 10 or less
- complete volumes of journals (current year)
- newspapers or other items with oversize formats
- loose-leaf publications
- diploma thesis, master’s thesis, bachelor thesis, dissertations (Zulassungsarbeiten), examination papers
- patents and norms
Please note that many libraries exclude titles from inter-library loan, if they are
- used frequently (e.g. titles from the textbook collection)
- part of a reserve book collection or
- very valuable.
Begin your search using our online library catalogue. If it returns no results, you can continue your search in the SWB-Verbundkatalog (union catalogue for south-west Germany) using the link provided.
Use the "Interlibrary Loan" button displayed in the catalogue record to begin the ordering process.
However, if your search in the SWB also returns no satisfactory results, you can still continue with your inter-library loan order by clicking on the "Empty Interlibrary Loan Form" button provided or by clicking on the link in the left menu: "Nothing found? Here you can fill out an Interlibrary Loan Form." You will then be directed to an empty form where you can fill in the bibliographic information.
An inter-library loan costs Euro 1.50 and is usually delivered in 1 to 3 weeks.
You will be informed by postcard or email as soon as our library receives the ordered item. The loan period - usually 4 weeks - is specified by the lending library and during this time the book is available for collection at the location you chose while ordering.
Ask at the Issue Desk if you would like to keep the item for longer. (Please show the red data carrier).
Please contact our Inter-library Loans Department if you have any questions:
Phone: 07071 29-72833 or email: fernleihe(at)ub.uni-tuebingen.de