Your student or staff ID card is also your university library card. It can be activated by logging in under "My Account" [“Mein Konto”] in Katalog plus or on a PC work space in the University Library.
- Log in under "My Account" [“Mein Konto”] in Katalog plus
- PC work spaces
- Information about the student ID card
- Applying for a staff ID card
For lecturers and employees of the University, a personalized "institute library card" can also be set up.
- Information about institute library cards
can receive a library card if they are residents in Baden-Württemberg.
The library card can be applied for by e-mail or on site (Monday to Friday, 8:00 to 16:00). To apply by e-mail, please send scans of the application form (application form) and your identity card (front and back) or passport with confirmation of residence [Meldebestätigung] (confirmation must be no more than 6 weeks earlier) to firstname.lastname@example.org. The library card will be sent to you by mail after it has been issued.
For on-site registration you need a valid identity card or passport incl. official residence confirmation [Meldebestätigung] (confirmation must be no more than 6 weeks earlier).
If you are aged 16 to 18, please send scans of your identity card, the application form (for school pupils) and a scan of your statutory guardian’s identity card.
- Students and staff use their university log-in ID
- External users need their library card number (without a point) – your initial password is your date of birth (DDMMYYYY)
- the Student Administration is responsible for students
- the HR department in University Central Administration is responsible for staff with a chip card
- External users can register with Local Loans Department ( +49 7071 29 72579, email@example.com) or at Morgenstelle Branch Library ( +49 7071 29 74229, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- If you lose your card, please let us know as soon as possible so we can block it: +49 7071 29 72579, 8am to 6pm; email@example.com.
- External users can receive a replacement card for a fee.
- Students and staff must apply to the Student Administration or IT Center [ZDV] for a replacement card.