Applications are handled via the online application system (accessible from June 1st). Application deadline is July 15, midnight CET - attention in 2021, the application deadline will be prolonged to July 31!):
Please try to have your application submitted by July 1 to help ensure a speedy application process. This also allows us to check your application for completeness early on so we can notify you in time in case something is missing.
Important note for all applicants:
July 15 (in 2021 July 31!) is the date of receipt for all required documents!
10% of all free places in our bachelor programs will be allocated to the applicants with the longest waiting time.
The remaining 90% will be allocated after a careful evaluation of all individual applications. We will rank all applicants according to their qualifications. Criteria are:
- grade of your university entrance degree (Abiturzeugnis)
- additional criteria can increase your average (by 0.6 max)
- apprenticeship with additional professional experience (0.4)
- apprenticeship without additional professional experience (0.3)
- gap year taken to do voluntary work in the social or environmental sector or federal volunteer service (Bundesfreiwilligendienst) or voluntary military service (0.2)
- internship with proof in an economic or commercial sector of six weeks or more (0.1; 0.2 max)
- stay abroad of 6-12 months doing voluntary work in the social or environmental sector or within the "Weltwärts"-program or for a student exchange (e.g. High School) with proof (0.2, if applicable additionaly to 3.)
- this criteria only applies for the B.Ed. Wirtschaftswissenschaft: experiences as a youth leader or youth trainer (0,1)
We'll inform you via hochschulstart.de about the admission offer. All candidates in the B.Sc.-programs that have an admission offer will be invited to get-together talks with professors in Tübingen. Those will usually take place in August in Tübingen. They are offered as a device for Your decision. Please note that we will be offering a digital version of these talks in 2020 on September 10 and 11.
Independent from our school’s selection procedure, the legally binding admission to your study course is carried out by the University’s student administration in August. Please note that the Studierendensekretariat deals with a high amount of admissions during this period, therefore processing times of up to four weeks are to be expected.