The library of the Ethnology Department contains about 20,000 monographs and 13 current periodicals, as well as a larger collection of offprints.
The ethnology library is a lending library. Most media can be borrowed at home. All university members and external users with a UB library card are entitled to borrow items.
- Leave your jackets, backpacks, bags in the entrance area outside the library
- No eating. Drinks in closed bottles only
- Silence and cell phone on mute
- Leave a shelf dummy for each book taken from a shelf
- Most books (except Semesterapparat) can be borrowed at the desk
- Put books back on the shelf
Renewal of borrowed media from the library of Ethnology is also possible online via your UB account.
Users of our library have 2 modern computer workstations incl. MaxQDA at their disposal.
With your login ID of the University of Tübingen you can access the university network.
There is also a document scanner and a microfiche reader.
- Use of the library (incl. audio)
- Information about library card and fees
- Rahmenbenutzungsordnung des Bibliothekssystems der Universität Tübingen
- Ausführungsbestimmungen für die Ethnologie-Bibliothek
- General systemic areas, reference works, bibliographies and introductory texts.
- Regional literature, organized by geographical regions and countries, especially Central Asia and the Mediterranean region, but also Africa, Asia, North and South America, and East Asia
- Periodicals and series
A part of the collection is located in the teaching collection on the upper floor and is not freely accessible, but can be borrowed partly. Please speak to the library staff if you would like to consult a book from the teaching collection.
Suggestions for new acquisitions!
At the library door you will find a list where you can enter your suggestions for books that are not in the collection of the departmental library. The suggestions will then be reviewed and can be ordered.