The library of the anthropological department comprises about 20 000 monographs and 20 current periodicals as well as a large collection of special editions.
- Monday 2 p.m. - 4 p.m.
- Tuesday 10 a.m. -12 a.m.
- Thursday 10 a.m. - 12 a.m
Due to the Corona regulations please reserve a timeslot to work in the libary via mail,
Returning or burrowing do not require a reservation.
It is possible to postpone returning a book via your university library online account.
- The library can only be used after prior reservation.
- Students are allowed to study in the library for a maximum of 2 hours.
- Students/doctoral students who are actively working on their final paper can request a graduate account from Mr. Schwabach in order to be able to reserve a maximum of up to 6 hours per day and 20 hours per month.
- Here is a short guide on how to start using the booked system. It is available in German.
- Please keep to the reserved times and leave the library on time!
- Cleaning wipes have been provided for cleaning your workspace before you begin working there yourself. Please use them!
- You have the possibility to wash your hands with soap and paper towels in the toilettes and in the kitchenette.
- Keep your distance to others and wear mouth/nose protection (a mask, a cloth etc.)
- There is a photocopying machine for scanning and copying in the hallway. Clean the keyboard before use, and keep your distance if others are already using the machine.
- Information about the library card and fees
- Basic conditions (in German) for using the library system of the University of Tübingen
- Implementation rules for the anthropological library (German)
At the library door there is a list onto which you can write your purchase suggestions for books that are not part of the inventory of the departmental library. The suggestions will be reviewed and ordered if appropriate.
|The inventory has been systematically arranged into three areas:|
Items stored elsewhere and valuable books are being kept in the teaching collection upstairs.
The complete inventory of the library is listed in the OPAC. The inventory of all the separate departments of the AOI can be found here.
Three computers for doing research have been supplied for the users of our library. Additionally, there is a scanner, a document scanner, and a microfiche reader.