The detailed documentation can be found on this link. It contains detailed information about the hardware and software of the cluster. There is also an example on how to run your code on the cluster using the workload manager (Slurm) and the container virtualization software (Singularity).
Subject: Account application *your name*
First Name: *your first name*
Last Name: *your last name*
Department: *your department*
Phone number: *your university phone number if available*
Student ID: *your matriculation number if available*
Research Group/ Chair: *your research group (aka chair)*
Position: *Professor, Ph.D. student, university employee, student, ... *
Linux User ID: *Optional. For compatible data transfer from other WSI,ZDV clusters it might be useful to provide your ZDV linux user ID here. You can find the latter by using the id command when logged in to your ZDV account.*
Reason: *For what reason do you want to use the cluster? What exactly do you want to compute on it?*
Comments: *your further comments, questions ...*
After applying successfully, you will get an email with your username and password. You can find your ZDV Linux user ID by using the id command when logged in to you ZDV account.
- After receiving your password, log in to the cluster and change your password with the passwd command
- It is not allowed to use the account for anything else as specified in your given reason. If you use it for any other purpose your account will be removed.
- If any illegal actions or actions prohibited by the university were done, the university can take disciplinary action against the individual which might lead to exmatriculation in extreme cases.
- Members of research groups that are project partners in TCML project will get precedence. If you are collaborating with a TCML project partner, you can still apply for an account. However, we cannot guarantee an account for external users since it depends upon the current load of the cluster.
- If your application is successful, you will be automatically added to the mailing list email@example.com, after which you will start getting important news concerning the cluster. You can unsubscribe from the mailing list with an empty email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To use the server, the users must login to the head node and execute their tasks from there. The head node has the following IP address or alias:
IP address: 126.96.36.199
To access the head node, use ssh in the following way:
$ ssh email@example.com