This line of research unites two major focuses of the department - health and educational research - and deals with exercise and sports-related educational and competence development processes in health and physical fitness. Diagnostic methods and promotional concepts are developed and evaluated in terms of various phases of life (e.g., childhood, adolescence, and adulthood) and settings (e.g., school, work, and healthcare).
This research focus has benefited from interdisciplinary connections with institutions within the Eberhard Karls University of Tübingen, such as the LEAD Graduate School, the Tübingen School of Education, and the Hector Institute for Education Science and Psychology (HIB). Our researchers are engaged in research and teaching collaborations concentrating on PE and PE teacher training. Current projects are funded by, for example, the German Research Foundation, DFG (i.e., the Gekos project), or they benefit from various funding formats in the field of teacher training and within BMBF joint projects (i.e., Health.edu under the University of Erlangen’s direction).
- BaSAlt: Physical activity promotion and individual physical counselling in the setting of an old people's homes/assisted living
- BGM vital: zielgruppenorientiertes Betriebliches Gesundheitsmanagement in kleineren und mittleren Unternehmen
- gekos: Promotion of physical activity-related health competence in physical education
- Health education in physical education: Extension of measuring instruments
- THüKo-App: Promoting health competence with a digital application: Adaptation and evaluation of the evidence based exercise program THüKo for patients with osteoarthritis