Lukas Osswald, M.Sc.
Researcher & PhD Student
|Telefon||+49 7071 29-70545|
|Telefax||+49 7071 29-5220|
Lehrstuhl für Kommunikationsnetze
Wilhelm-Schickard-Institut für Informatik
I'm a researcher and PhD student at the Chair of Communication Networks at University of Tübingen. Previously, I studied computer science (Master's degree) at University of Tübingen and computer science (Bachelor's degree) at DHBW Stuttgart.
- Time-Sensitive Networking
- Resource Management, Signaling and Network Configuration Automation
- Industrial Communication Networks
- Network Security
B.Eng. Computer Science (DHBW Stuttgart)
Embedded Software Developer
M.Sc. Computer Science (EKUT)
PhD Student and Researcher
at the Department of Computer Science, Chair of Communication Networks
Künstliche Intelligenz zur dynamischen Optimierung des Netzwerkmanagements
KITOS develops concepts for the management of TSN-based networks supported by artificial intelligence (AI).
In the project, the consortium partners develop AI algorithms that give networks the necessary dynamics and reliability for industry 4.0 scenarios and allow users to use them easily and without in-depth network or AI knowledge. Intelligent tools support decision making, allow more efficient use of resources and enable higher performance configurations. For active operation, the network management is secured against failures with AI-supported error detection and adaptation mechanisms.
Summer Term 2021
Communication Technologies (supervision and lecturing some chapters)
|M.Sc.||Autonomous Integration of TSN-Unaware Applications with QoS Requirements in TSN Networks|
|M.Sc.||Design and Implementation of a CNC for TSN Networks|
|B.Sc.||Implementation and Evaluation of PSFP in the NeSTiNg Simulation Framework|
|B.Sc.||Design and Implementation of a Web-Based Visualization Tool for Network Planning in Time-Sensitive Networking|
|Research Project||Challenges of Inter-Domain Communication in TSN Networks|
- L. Wüsteney, D. Hellmanns, M. Schramm, L. Osswald, R. Hummen, M. Menth, and T. Heer: Analyzing and modeling the latency and jitter behavior of mixed industrial TSN and DetNet networks, In Proceedings of the 18th International Conference on emerging Networking EXperiments and Technologies (CoNEXT '22). Dec. 2022, Rome, Italy, https://doi.org/10.1145/3555050.3569138
- L. Osswald, S. Lindner, L. Wuesteney, and M. Menth: RAP Extensions for the Hybrid Configuration Model, preprint, in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Emerging Technologies and Factory Automation (ETFA), Sept. 2021, Vasteras, Sweden
- Andreas Meisinger, Lukas Osswald, "Proposed RAP Extensions for the Centralized network/distributed User Model & Scheduling", IEEE Plenary Session of TSN Task Group, online, March, 2022
- Lukas Osswald: "RAP Extensions for the Hybrid Configuration Model", Academic Salon on Time-Sensitive Networking and Deterministic Applications, Munich, Germany, October 2021.
- Lukas Osswald: "Performance Comparison of VPN Solutions", 1st ITG Workshop on IT Security (ITSec), Tuebingen, Germany, April 2020.
- Lukas Osswald: Design and Implementation of a RAP Prototype for Centralized Network/Distributed User Model in TSN, Master's Thesis, University of Tuebingen, October 2020
- Lukas Osswald: Datenbankbasiertes Data Management im Embedded System, Bachelor's Thesis, Duale Hochschule Baden-Württemberg Stuttgart, October 2017
Reviewer for the following international journals, magazines, conferences, and workshops:
- International Conference on High-Performance Switching and Routing (HPSR 2021)
- High-Precision, Predictable, and Low-Latency Networking Workshop (HiPNet 2022)