application portal opens
June 18 - 24
offer letters are sent out by the end of June
start of the MSc programs
After the admission committee has reviewed the applications they will invite the best candidates to take part in the next stage of the admission process, the interviews. Invitations will be sent out via email at least three days before the interview and will state the day and the time of the interview. Please make sure that you regularly check your emails. Applicants may request to conduct the interview via Skype at the time assigned to them. Admitted candidates will receive an admission letter 1-3 weeks after the interview. Students who receive an offer have only a limited period of time to accept the offer and matriculate at the University of Tübingen before the offer becomes invalid and the spot will be offered to the next candidate on the list.
The program is free of tuition fees for all EU residents, students are only obliged to pay a small administrational fee and a contribution to the student union to matriculate.
The state of Baden-Württemberg has introduced fees for international non-EU students and second-degree students in recent years. For background information and for fee exemption options, please refer to the following link:
Bachelor Degree Certificate in Business Administration, Economics or related fields with a final grade of at least 2.5 or better according to the German grading system. (The final grades of international applicants will be converted into the German grading system and therefore also be subject to this rule).
- A certificate stating that the applicant has successfully completed a first university degree or a certificate (or equivalent documents) providing evidence of the successful completion of at least the year prior to his/her final examination in the equivalent studies.
All our Master Programs have further specific requirements. Please have a look at the website of the individual program to learn more about the specific requirements of the program you wish to apply for.
Please provide us with a letter of motivation explaining your reasons for applying for this degree and outlining your qualifications for it. Kindly limit yourself to one page, the letter may be composed either in English or in German.
Certificate equivalent to the German Abitur certificate
- i.e. A-level certificate or other entry qualification for university admissions
Proof of English Language Qualification
- German Abitur certificate or equivalent (i.e. A-level certificate, high school diploma), or
- official test certificate (TOEFL, IELTS), or
- Bachelor degree in an English-speaking country.
Proof of ability to study in German (only for international students):
- Information of German Language Requirements can be found on the website of the Student Affairs Office.
Proof of English Language Qualification
- TOEFL ibt: 80 or
- TOEFL pbt: 550 or
- IELTS: 6.0 (overall band) or
- Cambridge: CAE, CPE or BEC Higher or
- TOEIC: 700 or
- UniCert III Certificate or
- German HZB /z.B. Abiturzeugnis, Fachhochshulreife) listing English as a subject taken or
- Bachelor degree in English/America Studies or
- Bachelor degree from an English-speaking country.
Further documents proving specific qualifications relevant to the desired course of study may be submitted. Examples of these additional documents are, among others, proof of additional foreign language skills, results of standardized tests specific to the fields of Business and Economics (such as GRE or GMAT) and certificates of participation in summer schools or research projects that are not documented in the applicant's academic transcript. Please note that neither a GMAT nor a GRE are a prerequisite for any of our M.Sc. programs but that they may serve as an indication that the applicant possesses a certain skill set.
Note: It is not compulsory to send reference letters. However, if you wish to hand in reference letters, you can do so voluntarily.
Please note that we as the academic advisory team are not in a position to provide accurate information regarding the recognition of international degrees in Germany. These matters are handled by our central Student Affairs Office (Advising and Admission of International Students) who can provide information about the recognition of specific degrees as well as grade conversion.