This designation includes those languages and literatures that are not currently represented by a chair at the University of Tübingen and for which the UB acquires basic literature.
University Library contact:
Suggest a book or other library resource if you believe we lack an important work.
- European marginal languages:
- Finno-Ugric languages
- Celtic languages
- Basque languages
- Languages of the Baltic States
- Small Indo-European languages e.g. Frisian, Albanian
- African languages
- Eskimo languages
- Native American languages
- Languages of Southeast Asia and Oceania (including the indigenous languages of Australia and New Zealand)
University Library contact: Dr. Ludger Hüning
In most of these languages, mainly dictionaries and grammars are purchased.
The African languages were collected somewhat more intensively in the past, since they were important for the main subject "Near East, North Africa" represented at the UB Tübingen until 1998.