- Promotion of physical activity, exercise and health
- Individual biopsychosocial responses to physical activity and exercise
- Health education and health literacy
- Exercise therapy in rehabilitation and health services research
Full Professor for Sport Science (W3) with focus on Health Education
University of Tübingen
Assistant Professor for Sport, Exercise and Health
Institute of Sport Science, University of Bern, CH
Institute of Sport Science, University of Bern, Switzerland
PhD in Sport Science
University of Bielefeld
Master of Public Health
University of Bielefeld
Diploma in Sport Science with focus on prevention and rehabilitation
University of Bielefeld
- Bucksch, J. Kopcakova, J., Inchley, J., Troped, P., Sudeck, G., Sigmundova, D., Nalecz, H., Borracina, A., Salonna, F., Veselska, Z. D., & Hamrik, Z. (2019). Associations between perceived social and physical environmental variables and physical activity and screen time among adolescents in four European countries. International Journal of Public Health, 64, 83-94. doi.org/10.1007/s00038-018-1172-9
- Geidl, W., Deprins, J., Streber, R., Rohrbach, N., Sudeck, G., Pfeifer, K. (2018). Exercise therapy in medical rehabilitation: study protocol of a national survey at facility and practitioner level with a mixed method design. Contemporary Clinical Trials Communication. 11, 37-45. doi: 10.1016/j.conctc.2018.05.004
- Jeckel, S. & Sudeck, G. (2018). Sport activities in daily routine: situational associations between individual goals, activity characteristics and affective well-being. German Journal of Exercise and Sport Research, doi: 10.1007/s12662-017-0469-9
- Sudeck, G., Jeckel, S. & Schubert, T. (2018). Individual differences in the competence for physical activity-related affect regulation moderate activity-affect association in real-life situations. Journal of Sport & Exercise Psychology, doi: 10.1123/jsep.2018-0017
- Schmid, J., Gut, V., Conzelmann, A. & Sudeck, G. (2018). Bernese motive and goal inventory in leisure and health sports: Validation of an updated version of the questionnaire. PLoS ONE 13(2):e0193214. doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0193214
- Krauss, I., Katzmarek, U., Rieger, M. & Sudeck, G. (2017). Motives for physical exercise participation as a basis for the development of patient-oriented exercise interventions in osteoarthritis: A cross-sectional study. European Journal of Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine, 53, 590–602. doi: 10.23736/S1973-9087.17.04482-3
- Schöndube, A., Bertrams, A., Sudeck, G. & Fuchs, R. (2017). Self-control strength and physical exercise. An ecological momentary assessment study. Psychology of Sport and Exercise, 29, 19-26. doi: 10.1016/j.psychsport.2016.11.0
- Sudeck, G., Schmid, J. & Conzelmann, A. (2016). Experience exercises and change in affective attitude: Direct and indirect effects of in situ measurements of experiences. Frontiers in Psychology, 7(900). doi: 10.3389/fpsyg.2016.00900
- Sudeck, G. & Pfeifer, K. (2016). Physical activity-related health competence as an integrative objective in exercise therapy and health sports – Conception and validation of a short questionnaire. German Journal of Exercise and Sport Research. doi: 10.1007/s12662-016-0405-4.
- Demetriou, Y., Sudeck, G. & Thiel, A. & Höner, O. (2015). The effects of school-based physical activity interventions on students’ health-related fitness knowledge: A systematic review. Educational Research Review, 16, 19-40. doi: 10.1016/j.edurev.2015.07.002
- Bilz, L., Sudeck, G., Bucksch, J., Klocke, A., Kolip, P., Melzer, J., Ravens-Sieberer, U. & Richter, M. (2016), School and Health. Results of the WHO survey ‘Health Behavior in School-aged Children” 2013-2014. Weinheim: Juventa.
- Sudeck, G. (2006). Motivation and volition in exercise therapy. Hamburg: Czwalina.
- Schüttoff, U., Pawlowski, T., & Lechner, M. (2020). Die ökonomische Analyse des individuellen Sporttreibens. In A. Güllich & M. Krüger (Eds.), Sport in Kultur und Gesellschaft (p. 1-17). Heidelberg: Springer. doi:10.1007/978-3-662-53385-7_5-1.
- Pawlowski, T. & Nalbantis, G. (2019). Competitive balance: measurement and relevance. In Downward, P, Frick, B., Humphreys, B. R., Pawlowski, T., Ruseski, J. & Soebbing, B. P. (eds). The SAGE Handbook of Sports Economics.
- Pawlowski, T. & Schüttoff, U. (2019). Sport and social capital formation. In Downward, P, Frick, B., Humphreys, B. R., Pawlowski, T., Ruseski, J. & Soebbing, B. P. (eds). The SAGE Handbook of Sports Economics.
- Budzinski, O. & Pawlowski, T. (2015). Sportpolitik und Verhaltensökonomik: Sollten Fußballverbände den Ligawettbewerb regulieren? In C. Müller & N. Otter (Hrsg.), Behavioral Economics und Wirtschaftspolitik (Schriften zu Ordnungsfragen der Wirtschaft, Band 100), 282-307. Stuttgart: Lucius & Lucius.
- Pawlowski, T. & Budzinski, O. (2014). Competitive balance and attention level effects: theoretical considerations and preliminary evidence. In O. Budzinski & A. Feddersen (eds.), Contemporary research in sports economics (Proceedings of the 5th ESEA Conference). Frankfurt a.M.: Lang International Publishers.
- Pawlowski, T. & Fahrner, M. (2014). The political economy of football. Panorama: Insights into Asian and European Affairs (Journal of the Konrad Adenauer Foundation), 53-60.
- Pawlowski, T. & Breuer, C. (2012). Expenditures on sports products and services – Empirical Evidence. In L. Robinson, P. Chelladurai, G. Bodet & P. Downward (eds.), Routledge Handbook of Sport Management, 354-372. Abingdon: Routledge.
- Faculty Member of the LEAD Graduate School & Research Network
- Member of the School Board of the Tübingen School of Education (2016-2018)
- Member of the
- Vice-president ‘Health sports” of the German Association of Sport Psychology
- Member of the committee “Exercise and Health” of the German Society of Sport Science
- Member of the Working Group “Exercise Therapy” of the German Association of Rehabilitation Science (since 2018 Speaker)
- ad-hoc Reviewer for > 20 Journals in the areas of sport science (e. g., Psychology of Sport and Exercise, German Journal of Exercise and Sport Research, Adapted Physical Activity Quarterly), health (e. g., International Journal of Public Health), psychology (e. g., Frontiers in Psychology, Stress and Coping, Applied Psychology: Health and Wellbeing) and education (e. g, Health Education Journal)
- ad-hoc reviewer for scientific institutions and research funding organisations (e. g., German Ministry of Health, Swiss Research Foundation)