This Research Line intends to contribute to better understanding the role of digitalization processes and ‘new’ forms of communication (e.g. via Social Media) on the demand for sports as well as the way sports is managed and presented in the media.
Research Line 3 is embedded into the Institute’s RL Performance and linked to the University’s core research area Education and Media. In this regard, the department recently started a close collaboration with the Leibniz-Institut für Wissensmedien (IWM).
- “Germany crashes out of World Cup” - A mixed-method study on the effects of crisis communication on Facebook. Journal of Sport Management, forthcoming (co-authored by S. Utz, F. Otto & T. Pawlowski).
- Analysing the context-specific relevance of competencies – Sport management alumni perspectives. European Sport Management Quarterly, 2019, doi 10.1080/16184742.2019.1607522 (co-authored by M. Fahrner & U. Schüttoff).
- Multi-level policy implementation: Exploring organisational coordination – the case of the German Swimming Federation’s National Training Framework implementation. International Journal of Sport Policy and Politics, 10(3), 549-566, 2018 (co-authored by M. Fahrner & C. Klenk).
- The demand for licensed merchandise in sports – on the purchase channel choice. Journal of Sport Management, 31(5), 433-451, 2017 (co-authored by G. Nalbantis, M. Fahrner & T. Pawlowski).
- Animation intensity of sponsorship signage. Sport, Business and Management: An International Journal, 2017, doi.org/10.1108/SBM-05-2017-0029 (co-authored by F. Otto & C. Rumpf).
- Same, same – but different! On consumers’ use of corporate PR media in sports. Journal of Sport Management, 30(4), 353-368, 2016 (co-authored by V. Burk, C. G. Grimmer & T. Pawlowski).
- „I apologize to Giorgio Chiellini and the entire football family“ – Zur Rolle Sozialer Medien in der Krisenkommunikation bei der Fußball-WM 2014 in Brasilien. Sport und Gesellschaft, 13(1), 5-39, 2016 (co-authored by V. Burk & C. G. Grimmer).
- Reflections of German football journalists on their relationships with Bundesliga club public relations practitioners. International Journal of Sport Communication, 6(4), 446-463, 2013 (co-authored by C. G. Grimmer & E. M. Kian).