If you have a question regarding the Master programme, please contact us either by email (Christoph Schaefer) or using the contact form below. We will collect and publish all FAQs here.
- Which lecture belongs to which module?
On the last page of our Module Handbook, you will find a lecture-module-dependency table. Additionally, you can see in ALMA the link from the lecture/seminar/labwork to its module.
Specific issues or prerequisites, not included in the table, can and shall be discussed with teachers.
- What is module APP104?
Module APP104 consists of a lecture with 3 CP and a seminar with 3 CP. You can combine any 3 CP lecture from the lectures belonging to the elective modules with the seminar for this module.
- Which lectures/seminars can be used in APP401?
Module APP401 "Scientific Specialisation in Thesis Topic" requires 6 CP. Any lecture from the elective lectures or any group seminar can be used for this module.
- Why are not all lectures available in this term?
Most of the lectures from the elective modules are given once per year, not once per term.
- Beginning in the summer term, which lecture do I attend: Astronomy & Astrophysics (APP101) or Particle Physics (APP102)?
We advice you to start only one of the obligatory modules A&A and particle physics. You can decide which one based on your background and level of competence. If in doubt, please contact the lecturers and/or coordinators.
Consider that passing both course is necessary for officially starting the master thesis (see also below) and that PP is only available in the summer term.
- When should I attend the seminar for APP104?
In your 2nd term.
- When does the labwork APP103 take place?
APP103 is during the term break. See the central webpage for the labwork here.
- Which courses have to be passed to officially begin with the master thesis?
APP101, APP102, APP103, APP104, 18 CP out of the mandatory 24 CP from the elective modules.