There are no official opening hours of the PhD office right now. You can contact us by mail or phone.
You can hand in your applications by post. We will check them and contact you in case of open questions and missing documents. Please note:
- Check if your documents are complete
Plese send us normal copies of your (Master) certificates and transcripts if certified copies are not possible at the moment. If you do not manage to apply for a certificate of conduct, you can hand in this document later. Furthermore, we accept scanned and digital signatures of supervisors and reviewers.
- Application for Admission: Send us just one copy of your thesis. The other two copies can be sent to the reviewers as soon as you have received the letter of admission from the PhD office.
Due to recent Corona crises regular oral examiantions are not possible at the moment. The Faculty of Science offers the possibility of conducting online exams by video chat from 20th of April 2020 onwards. This special format is limited in time. It is valid for the period of official restrictions and limitations making regular oral exams impossible. It should only be chosen in special individual cases with plausible reasons or clear disadvantages for the PhD candidates. In case of no time pressure we recommend postponing the oral exam until regular oral exams are permitted again. Of course there will be no problems for PhD students because of missed deadlines.
Registrations for online exams can be submitted from now on. Please take the process time of 10 days into account. To avoid unnecessary workload, we recommend waiting for the official decisions concerning further Corona limitations (which are expected to be announced after the Easter holidays) before submitting the registration for oral exams.
On this information sheet you can find all rules and requirements for online examinations by video chat.
Please be aware that the situation can change at short notice. We cannot guarantee that regular oral exams can be resumed in the near future. Compliance of all (epedemic) requirements and restrictions of government, city and university must be ensured at any time.
At the Faculty of Science, you can pursue a doctoral degree (Dr. rer. nat.) in the following fields:
- Archaeological Sciences
- Cognitive Science
- Computer Science
- Environmental Sciences
- Prehistory and Early History
Dr. Elaine Huggenberger
Monday - Thurday, 10.00 a.m. - 12.00 p.m.
(Auf der Morgenstelle 8, B-Building, 9th floor, room ) and by appointment (29-75955).
Monday - Thursday, 10.00 a.m. - 12.00 p.m.
(Auf der Morgenstelle 8, B-Building, 9th floor, room ) and by appointment (29- 76853).
Feel free to contact us, if you have any further questions. However, we recommend reading the information sheet first, as it usually resolves most of the questions.
- Applications for acceptance as a doctoral student
- Information about doctoral guidelines of the Faculty of Science
- Cotutelle agreements
- Doctoral Government Scholarship
- Postdoctoral Studies
- Ongoing doctoral procedures
- Verification and confirmation of doctoral degrees
- Acceptance of doctoral dissertations
- Doctoral procedures (Biology and Geosciences)
- PhD Certificates
- The ombudsperson assists the doctoral students in settling conflicts or solving problems. All matters are treated as strictly confidential and neutral. Ombudsperson is the Dean of the Faculty, the Vice Dean for Research and the Dean of Studies (Contact).
- First Points of Contact within each Department
- Psychosoziale Beratungsstelle für Beschäftigte der Universität Tübingen
- Psychotherapeutic Counselling of the Studierendenwerk Tübingen-Hohenheim
- DFG-Research Ombudsman in Berlin
- Legal Advice of the Studierendenwerks Tübingen-Hohenheim
- Family Office - Advice Concerning Work/Life Balance
- Beratung/Hilfe bei sexueller Belästigung/Mobbing