There are no official opening hours of the PhD office right now. You can contact us by mail or phone and fix a personal appointment if needed.
You can hand in your applications by post or you can put them into the mail box of the Dean's Office (Auf der Morgenstelle 8, building B, 10th floor). We will check them and contact you in case of open questions and missing documents. Please note:
- Check if your documents are complete
Plese send us normal copies of your (Master) certificates and transcripts if certified copies are not possible at the moment. Furthermore, we accept scanned and digital signatures of supervisors and reviewers.
- Application for Admission: Send us just one copy of your thesis. The other two copies can be sent to the reviewers as soon as you have received the letter of admission from the PhD office.
Regular oral examiantions are permitted while respecting the following stringent requirements:
- please book a room that is large enough for all persons present (generally it is allowed to have audience)
- maintaining the minimum distance between all participants (minimum 1.5 m)
- ensure adequate ventilation of the room
- all participants must be recorded by name and have to ensure that they do/did not have any disease symptoms and that they did not have contact to a SARS-Cov-2 infected person within the last two weeks; please use this formular for that purpose; this document must be kept for 4 weeks (chair of examination board)
- maintaining all rules of conduct and hygiene rules (given by the university)
- all external participants must be informed about the hygiene rules of the university of Tübingen in advance
- celebrations after the exam are forbidden (at the premises of the university)
- it is possible that single examiners participate by video chat (see formular below)
- the chair of the examination board is responsible for the compliance of all rules mentioned above
In special individual cases the Faculty of Science still offers the possibility of conducting online exams completely by video chat. This special format is limited in time. It is valid for the period of official restrictions and limitations due to Corona crises. It should only be chosen in special individual cases with plausible reasons or clear disadvantages for the PhD candidates.
On this information sheet you can find all rules and requirements for online examinations by video chat.
Registrations for online exams can be submitted in the PhD office as normal. Please take the process time of 10 days into account.
PhD candidates have the possibility to check their reports at the phD office. Please arrange a peronal appointment by email.
Please be aware that the situation (concerning conducting oral exams) can change at short notice. Therefore, please check the information on our webpage regularly. Compliance of all (epidemic) requirements and restrictions of government, city and university must be ensured at any time.
At the Faculty of Science, you can pursue a doctoral degree (Dr. rer. nat.) in the following fields:
- Archaeological Sciences
- Cognitive Science
- Computer Science
- Environmental Sciences
- Prehistory and Early History
Dr. Sarah Müller
Monday - Thurday, 10.00 a.m. - 12.00 p.m.
(Auf der Morgenstelle 8, B-Building, 9th floor, room 9A06) and by appointment (29-75955).
Monday - Thursday, 10.00 a.m. - 12.00 p.m.
(Auf der Morgenstelle 8, B-Building, 9th floor, room 9A03) and by appointment (29- 76853).
Feel free to contact us, if you have any further questions. However, we recommend reading the information sheet first, as it usually resolves most of the questions.
- Applications for acceptance as a doctoral student
- Ongoing doctoral procedures
- Verification and confirmation of doctoral degrees
- Information about doctoral guidelines of the Faculty of Science
- Cotutelle agreements
- Doctoral Government Scholarship
- Acceptance of doctoral dissertations
- Doctoral procedures (Biology and Geosciences)
- PhD Certificates
- The ombudsperson assists the doctoral students in settling conflicts or solving problems. All matters are treated as strictly confidential and neutral. Ombudsperson is the Dean of the Faculty, the Vice Dean for Research and the Dean of Studies (Contact).
- First Points of Contact within each Department
- Psychosoziale Beratungsstelle für Beschäftigte der Universität Tübingen
- Psychotherapeutic Counselling of the Studierendenwerk Tübingen-Hohenheim
- DFG-Research Ombudsman in Berlin
- Legal Advice of the Studierendenwerks Tübingen-Hohenheim
- Family Office - Advice Concerning Work/Life Balance
- Beratung/Hilfe bei sexueller Belästigung/Mobbing
Application for Acceptance
Admission to the Docotral Examination Procedure
The ZDV offers the possiblity of conduction a similarity analysis for free by the software "Turnitiin". We recommend to make use of this offer before submitting the thesis. More information can be found under Link.