Course Cancellation and Withdrawal
Registration fees vary according to the type of athletic activity offered by the University Sports Service (Hochschulsport, or HSP for short). The respective fee amount can be found on the HSP website under the description of the corresponding course or activity. The payment of the registration fee can only be made via bank transfer to the specified account of the University of Tübingen.
There is generally no guarantee that all courses and activities offered by the HSP or each individual session thereof will actually take place. A course session can specifically be cancelled:
- if it falls on a public holiday
- as a result of unpredicted circumstances
- when the designated sports facilities are reserved for teaching and researching purposes, national university championships or other major events
- when the course instructor is unable to oversee a training and the HSP organisers cannot found a suitable replacement on short notice
- in case of operational disruptions such as maintenance work, planned construction measures etc.
Moreover, the HSP organizers are allowed to fuse different courses together or cancel them entirely when the minimum amount of participants has not been reached.
You will find all the relevant information on the current courses and activities, changes of schedule and general announcements either on the noticeboards in front of the sports halls in Wilhelmstraße and Alberstraße or on the HSP website www.hsp.uni-tuebingen.de.
If the respective course description does not list any specific withdrawal conditions, the following rules apply:
If you wish to withdraw your registration or book a different course instead, you will be charged with a fixed processing fee of €5,00.
Once the course has started, you can no longer claim a refund for the paid registration fee.
Withdrawal conditions for excursions
In case of cancellation, the following cancellation conditions apply or the following cancellation fees will be charged:
- Regardless of the date, for one-week excursions € 50,-- and for shorter excursions € 25,--.
- From six weeks before the start of the event 30 %
- From three weeks before the start of the event 50 %
- From two weeks before the start of the event 80 %
- From one week before the start of the event 100 %
The date of receipt of the cancellation notice by e-mail in the University Sports Office is decisive. Refunds will only be made after the event has been completed.
Tübingen University Sports reserves the right to cancel the advertised excursion itself due to lack of participants or for other urgent reasons. In this case, the full participation fee will be refunded. If too few people have made the required payments, the excursion will be cancelled. In this case, any amounts paid in will be refunded in full; there are no further claims.
Withdrawal conditions for workshops and compact courses
Participation in the workshop/the compact course is at your own risk, under exclusion of liability of the organizer. The number of participants is limited. Cancellation policy: Up to 1 week before the beginning of the workshop/compact course: cancellation fee 20,- €.
In case of later cancellation no refund is possible.