This area of investigation focuses on educational research in sports, which deals with pedagogical and didactic questions concerning instruction in sports-related contexts. Based on education policy developments (e.g., G8) and pedagogical-didactic concepts (e.g., Erziehender Sportunterricht [educational PE], competence orientation, and norm and value education), our researchers empirically examine context conditions, learning processes, and sports-related settings’ effects. Two primary focuses are students’ living environments - especially schools, but also sports clubs - and the related question of PE teachers’ professionalisation (SK-Sp-Le and the development of didactic competencies in PE teacher training).
Within this line of research, interdisciplinary collaboration has been set up with the Institute of Educational Sciences and the Hector Institute for Educational Science and Psychology (HIB) as well as to other subject-related didactics (e.g., religion, economics, and ethics) within the framework of the Tübingen School of Education and the Learning, Educational Achievement, and Life Course Development (LEAD) Graduate School and Research Network. Close cooperation also exists with external partners from the areas of science (e.g., University of Erlangen) and PE teacher training (e.g., the Administrative Region of Tübingen).
- Fachspezifische professionelle Kompetenzentwicklung in der Sportlehrerbildung
- gekos: Promotion of physical activity-related health competence in physical education
- Health education in physical education: Extension of measuring instruments
- SK-Sp-Le: Soziale Kompetenzen in der Sportlehrerausbildung (Hoffmann, 2012-2017)
- NIS: Wahrnehmung und Wirkung erziehungsrelevanter sozialer Normen im Schul- und Vereinssport (Hoffmann, 2005-2016)
- Erziehender Sportunterricht zwischen Anspruch und Wirklichkeit (Hapke & Sygusch; 2011-2015)
- G8: Auswirkungen des achtjährigen Gymnasiums (Hoffmann, 2009-2015)