Applications may be submitted by postdocs who are members of the University of Tübingen (see § 7 Grundordnung).
Six years after the doctorate (date of the certificate) are counted as the postdoc phase here. Childcare leave is additionally recognized.
- Funding will be provided for 3 to 5 days events addressing scientific topics of interdisciplinary relevance.
- In view of the international orientation of the event and the desired participation of international guest speakers, it should be conducted in English.
- In principle, the planned event should be open to all members of the University of Tübingen. In justified individual cases, the number of participants may be limited.
- The Summer & Winter Schools may not be applied for to finance existing events or series of events.
For the implementation of the Summer & Winter School, funding up to a maximum of 12,000 € can be applied as follows:
- student assistants for the support during the planning, organization and realization of the event (please take employer's contribution into account)
- travel expenses (flight - economy class, train - 2nd class) and accommodation (max. 95 € per night incl. breakfast) for up to 10 external, actively contributing postdocs
- guest speakers
- Travel expenses (flight - economy class, train - 2nd class)
- Accommodation (max. 95 € per night incl. breakfast)
- Coffee breaks
- Lunch snacks
- once per event
- max. 40,00 € per person
- only for active contributors named in the program (speakers, moderators, organizers)
- for online and hybrid events
- technical equipment and support
- professional recording, live streaming and archiving
The event is to be held within one year of submission of the application.
15.03. / 15.09. every year
The applications will be evaluated by the University’s Research Commission.
Applications can be submitted via the online application portal
- Detailed information on how to apply can be found in the internal area (registration with university login).
- Please submit the form Declaration & Fact Sheet (signed by the head of your institute and your dean) together with the application. You can download the form in the internal area of the Excellence Strategy.
max. 7 pages