Important information for students of the Chair of Media Innovation and Media Change
For general questions and inquiries please contact Karin Kießling via E-Mail or in person in our secretary's office on the following days:
Mon 9:00 - 15:00 hrs
Thu 14:00 -16:00 hrs
Fri 9:00 -11:00 hrs
We offer lectures and seminars for B.A. and M.A. students of Media Studies. An overview of our current curriculum can be found on Campus.
Theses (B.A. and M.A.)
Areas of research and interest:
- Theories of communication, media and culture, especially semiotics, theories of visual communication, visual culture studies and image science
- historical analyses of media systems: media change, media convergence, online-communication, digitalization
- Types of Media
- photography, images, social web/web 2.0, film, tv-shows, games, comics (manga, web comics, graphic novels)
- Media, Politics and Society
- media philosophy, political communication, propaganda, public sphere theories, surveillance, terrorism, cultural phenomena and their medial expression and representation
Please schedule an appointment with your desired supervisor to discuss a specific potential topic for your thesis.
Overview document for B.A. and M.A.
In the following document we have compiled useful information for anyone interested in writing their thesis at our chair (focus: media innovation and media change). This information is meant for both B.A. and M.A. students and provides an overview of a proposed schedule as well as tips on some of the more formal aspects. It is not intended to replace a face-to-face meeting, which is to be considered the starting point for your thesis. Click here to get to the document (German).
You can find the office hours of the members of our chair on their corresponding personal sites:
Prof. Dr. Klaus Sachs-Hombach