The China Scholarship Council (CSC) and the University of Tübingen have established a PhD Program which supports Chinese nationals inside and outside of China wishing to carry out all or part of their PhD study in Tübingen
- Providing high quality research training to qualified students from Chinese universities
- Developing education and research collaborations between the University of Tübingen and Chinese universities and research institutions
Excellent postgraduate and doctoral students from the People's Republic of China.
Funding line A - Full time fellowship:
- Postgraduate students who want to carry out their complete doctoral studies at the University of Tübingen
- Up to 48 months
- Degree conferred by the University of Tübingen
- Annual living allowance as prescribed by the Chinese Government (which includes Overseas Student Health Cover)
Funding Line B - Part time fellowship (sandwich model):
- Doctoral students who want to carry out their research and studies alternatively at their home universities and the University of Tübingen. They follow a schedule set in advance by both the Chinese supervisors and supervisors at the University of Tübingen
- 6-24 months in Tübingen,
- Degree conferred by the Chinese home university
- Annual living allowance as prescribed by the Chinese Government (which includes Overseas Student Health Cover) for 6-24 months Details
The application system is now open for applications.
Please apply via this online portal: https://www.antraege-zv.uni-tuebingen.de/main.php.
For further details on submission of applications, please see "How to apply".
Application deadline extended until January 31, 2022.
Funding for both Funding lines includes:
- Return airfare to Germany
- Visa application fees.
- Support for the attendance of international conferences during the second and third year (up to 1000€ granted to successful applicants)
Benefits for both funding lines:
- Tuition waiver
- Option to take German language classes provided by the University of Tübingen during the first year
- Accommodation offered in Tübingen student dormitories depending on availability
- Opportunities to gain additional teaching and research experience as well as economic benefits from the University of Tübingen from the second year onward (depending on the ability of the applicant and the situation of the respective institute)
- Jan 15: Application deadline. Applications must be handed in through the online application system of the University of Tübingen (https://www.antraege-zv.uni-tuebingen.de/)
- by Mar 10: Successful applicants will be officially informed
- until Mar 31: Invited applicants have to register with the CSC to the regulations of the CSC. More information on these regulations can be seen on the CSC Website.
- until May 31: Final decisions about the allocation of scholarships will be made by the CSC
- June: Program participants will be invited for a welcome seminar in Beijing
Oct 1: Program participants arrive in Tübingen
- Successful candidates must return to China upon completion of their studies.
Please apply via this online portal: https://www.antraege-zv.uni-tuebingen.de/main.php (portal is open from Oct.15th)
In order to apply you need to upload the following documents combined in 1 PDF (max. 4 MB)
- Cover/Motivation letter
- Research proposal (3-5 pages)
- Academic transcripts* (if you have not yet completed your Master's studies, please submit a confirmation of studies and an up-to-date transcript of records)
- Proof of proficient English language skills (i.e. comprehension of a wide range of demanding, longer texts as well as fluent and spontaneous expression allowing a flexible and effective language use for social, academic and professional purposes.) - TOEFL iBT 95 or IELTS 6.5 or equivalent
*List of required Academic transcripts (including official translation into German or English for documents issued in Chinese)
1) Bachelor’s Degree Award Certificate / Bachelor Gradverleihungsurkunde (学士学位证书 xueshi xuewei zhengshu)
2) Bachelor's Degree Certificate/ Abschlusszeugnis (毕业证书 biye zhengshu) für das Bachelorstudium (本科 benke)
3) Transcript of the subjects and marks / Fächer- und Notenübersicht (成绩表 chengjibiao) for your Bachelor’s degree/ für das Bachelorstudium (本科 benke)
4) Master’s Degree Award Certificate / Master-Gradverleihungsurkunde (硕士学位证书 shuoshi xuewei zhengshu)
5) Master’s Degree Certificate/ Abschlusszeugnis für das Masterstudium (硕士研究生毕业证书 shuoshi yanjiusheng biye zhengshu)
6) Transcript of the subjects and marks for your Master’s Degree / Fächer- und Notenübersicht für das Masterstudium (硕士研究生成绩表 shuoshi yanjiusheng chengjibiao)
Any questions can be submitted to the representation of the University of Tübingen in Beijing:
European Centre for Chinese Studies (ECCS)
Mr. Christian Buskühl
Peking University Pacific Science and Technology Development Center
52, Haidian Road, Haidian District, Beijing 100080 / Room 708
北京大学太平洋科技发展中心, 北京市 海淀区 海淀路52号 708室 / 邮编: 100080