Departure from Tübingen

Termination of enrollment

At the end of your stay, you need to terminate your enrollment.

  • You fill in the application for termination of enrollment
  • Reason for termination: 4 Change of university
  • Termination: at the official end of a semester or at your departure date
  • Library endorsement: stamp of the University Library (Universitätsbibliothek)
  • Full postal address in your home country
  • Don't forget to sign it!

Please hand in your application for termination of enrollment directly at the University Library Lending Center (Ausleihzentrum der Universitätsbibliothek) OR send the application for termination of enrollment to the following Email-Address: : ortsleihespam prevention@ub.uni-tuebingen.de. Your application will be forwarded to the Student Administration (Studierendensekretariat), automatically. Usually, the official certificate of termination will be sent by mail to you. If you want to enroll at another German university, you will need this certificate.

Without this official certificate of termination, you will not be able to study at any German university!

You are welcome to keep the student ID-card.

Unregistering and study duration certificates

For many scholarship programs (e.g. ERASMUS) you need a study duration certificate with your exact study dates. Please bring the form from your home institution to the office of Sean Haworth when you personally unregister with them, shortly before you leave. If you do not unregister personally, no certificate can be issued. Please book an appointment on the following website: https://appointment.wi90.uni-tuebingen.de

Unregistering with the city

Within 1 weeks before you depart, you have to unregister with the city you live in. In Tübingen, you have two options. Either you get an appointment at the Bürgeramt or you use the online form. Unfortunately, they do not have an English website and all information and forms are available in German only.


You need to have all your course results registered in a transcript. If your course certificates are issued by the lecturers prior to your departure, you are welcome to pick them up and turn them in at the transcript issuing office personally. If they are not ready yet, or if you still need to send in term papers, the lecturers should send them to the transcript issuing office when they are ready. There is an internal postal system at the university called “Hauspost”. Do not ask them to send scans or email results as those cannot be entered in an official transcript.

You only receive one transcript (one list of all your courses with grades and ECTS). This means classes from other areas are registered with the transcript issuing office of your major.


Vera Klöckner
Wirtschaftswissenschaftliches Institut
Nauklerstraße 47
72076 Tübingen

+49 7071 29-78185
vera.kloecknerspam prevention@uni-tuebingen.de


Conny Bähring
Juristische Fakultät
Wilhelmstraße 7
72074 Tübingen

+49 7071 29-78101
erasmusspam prevention@jura.uni-tuebingen.de


Martina Ebi
Studiendekanat der Medizinischen Fakultät
Bereich Auslandsangelegenheiten
Geissweg 5/1
72076 Tübingen

+49 7071 29-76485
martina.ebespam prevention@med.uni-tuebingen.de

Molecular Medicine

Elena Salakhyan
Studiendekanat der Medizinischen Fakultät
Bereich Auslandsangelegenheiten
Geissweg 5/1
72076 Tübingen

+49 7071 29-73679
elena.salakhyanspam prevention@med.uni-tuebingen.de

Sports Science

Verena Burk
Institut für Sportwissenschaft
Wilhelmstr. 124
72074 Tübingen

+49 7071 29-78425
verena.burkspam prevention@uni-tuebingen.de

All other areas:

Dorothea Kies
(Hauspost: Dez. V.1)
Wilhelmstraße 9, Room 20
72074 Tübingen

+49 7071 29-77734
incomingspam prevention@zv.uni-tuebingen.de