Junior researchers (also Junior professors) with a doctorate at the University of Tübingen are invited to apply,
- who have a longterm scholarship or an employment contract with the University of Tübingen, at least until the end of the funding period
- whose PhD was not attained more than five years ago (date of PhD certificate, extention for childcare).
- who are not members of the Faculty of Medicine (Funding opportunities of the Faculty of Medicine)
If your project was once rejected, you are invited to apply again with an updated proposal. Junior researchers who have already received funding under this program can only apply for a second lot of funding if they can show that their first successful application has led to a project fully supported by third-party funding.
You may apply for
- Material resources
- Investment funding
- Funding for assistants
- The financing of a part-time (50%) E 13 position (in specific justified cases, not own position)
Total funding per application: max. € 35,000 for up to 18 months
In addition, selected successful applicants in this funding line have the opportunity to further develop their innovative projects within the framework of the RISC program in order to obtain additional funding (Information on RISC).
- Annual call
- Activation of the online-application tool March 01, 2021
- Application deadline: April 01, 2021
- Beginning of the funding period: August 01, 2021
The University of Tübingen’s Research Commission will assess applications according to the following criteria:
- Quality of the project (innovation and originality)
- Concept and content of the work program
- Prospects for continued research and further third-party funding
- Qualification and independence of the applicant (e.g. on the basis of lead authorship of publications)
- Project’s place within the academic field/ collaboration
Proposal (5 pages max.)
Your project description should include the following aspects:
- Academic/ scientific aims (innovation? relevance?)
- Current state of research
- Your own preliminary work
- Detailed, concrete working plan (including timetable)
- Outline of project’s future prospects (To which third-party sponsor or funding program do you plan to hand in your project proposal and when? What is yet to be done before third-party funding may be sought)?
- Detailed financial plan: List of elements of funding with explanation (e.g. if applying for personnel costs: timetable, type and extent of work to be done)
Applications may be written in Englisch or German. They should be concise and understandable for "laymen".
The following appendices must accompany your project description:
- Your academic career to date/academic CV
- List of publications, if possible with impact factors (based on current Journal Citation Reports)
- A brief statement by the relevant institute director or supervising professor
- Form “declaration & fact sheet” (available in the online tool or via the Excellence Initiative’s Internal Documents)
Important: Please note that the signatures of the Dean and the institute’s director are required!
Pleade submit your proposal by April 1
1. in one pdf via the online application tool (https://www.antraege-zv.uni-tuebingen.de/). The application period starts on March 1, 2021. You have to register in the tool.
2. in paper with the original signatures of the applicant, the institute's director and the dean to Sonja Großmann, Dezernat II, Rümelinstr. 32.